GOP attempting to purge 1 in 7 black voters from voter rolls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:20:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GOP attempting to purge 1 in 7 black voters from voter rolls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP attempting to purge 1 in 7 black voters from voter rolls  (Read 1827 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: October 29, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »

I wonder how they got the info on the race of the people who had their entries flagged, given that sort of thing is not listed on voter registration forms anywhere so far as I know.

Is the basic problem here that people tend to forget to cancel their old registration when they move?  Perhaps, it's that Hispanics and blacks tend to be more transient because of poverty. 

Also, what seems like a better explanation, is that black people tend to have English last names, Hispanics tend to have Spanish last names, whereas whites have last names from all over Europe.  So for example, there are more registrations tossed out by mistaking Garry Smith for Garry Smith than mistaking Garry Kowalski for Garry Kowalski.

Or, people could just look for names like Jamal and Jose and knock them off.  I hope that would never happen and I actually think even Republicans are above that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies