Can you create an Obama sweep in your state? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:44:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Can you create an Obama sweep in your state? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can you create an Obama sweep in your state?  (Read 3584 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: November 08, 2014, 05:29:48 PM »

I remember doing this for Minnesota once so I'll probably do it again. It's quite easy really, MN-01 can remain intact, MN-07 and MN-08 swap precincts to get MN-07 an Obama win and in the metro you have to do some weird carving and split Minneapolis to get some exurbs in with urban seats and then turn the old Bachmann seat into a weird sort of St. Cloud to inner suburbs strip. Barely for Obama, but won nonetheless.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 07:12:37 PM »

I remember doing this for Minnesota once so I'll probably do it again. It's quite easy really, MN-01 can remain intact, MN-07 and MN-08 swap precincts to get MN-07 an Obama win and in the metro you have to do some weird carving and split Minneapolis to get some exurbs in with urban seats and then turn the old Bachmann seat into a weird sort of St. Cloud to inner suburbs strip. Barely for Obama, but won nonetheless.

Can you do it without chopping Mpls or StPaul?

McCain won the old MN-02, MN-03 and MN-06 combined, so not out of those three alone. But if you added the suburban parts of MN-04 and MN-05 it's probably possible, though it'd require a strip running form at least one of the inner cities to exurbs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies