CA: Field: Brown up 54-33
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:33:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CA: Field: Brown up 54-33
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CA: Field: Brown up 54-33  (Read 3207 times)
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 12:17:40 AM »

Qualifications matter more than union gripes. That last thing we need is a superintendent trying to get into big fights with unions, that's just a lot of gridlock.

Someone needs to do something. That has been my biggest disappointment with Brown.

I live in senate district 38, and my Republican state senator, who is the ranking member of the education committee, always gripes about how Gov. Brown shrugs his shoulders and says how "the unions won't let that happen" whenever seemingly any legislation is proposed.

Both my dad and my grandpa were firefighters (public sector union employees), but even they acknowledge the unions here have too much power. The teachers unions should be fighting on behalf of both the teachers AND the students, not for stupid rules like tenure, which keeps poor teachers employed.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 07:52:11 AM »

I totally agree with you. Schools need more funding and GOOD teachers need to be paid more. If the teachers union advocated for that, I wouldn't have a problem with them.
Recalcuate

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 11:18:54 AM »

I totally agree with you. Schools need more funding and GOOD teachers need to be paid more. If the teachers union advocated for that, I wouldn't have a problem with them.

Good teachers pay only part of total union dues.... It's the perils of any union shop. Dues paying bad workers need to be protected by the union as well.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 11:29:39 PM »

Good teachers pay only part of total union dues.... It's the perils of any union shop. Dues paying bad workers need to be protected by the union as well.

And this is why I don't like unions in general.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 07:34:48 AM »

Kashkari is my favorite gubernatorial candidate this year (although I like Brown too.)

It's sad to see him behind by so much, but this poll seems accurate.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2014, 09:25:47 AM »

Kashkari is my favorite gubernatorial candidate this year (although I like Brown too.)

I don't like his obsession with the high-speed train, and his stupid stunt of dressing up like a homeless person. His focus on education is commendable though and hopefully this year is the start of a shakeup of the California K-12 education system. Go Marshall Tuck!
RR1997
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 09:48:06 AM »

I don't like his obsession with the high-speed train, and his stupid stunt of dressing up like a homeless person. His focus on education is commendable though and hopefully this year is the start of a shakeup of the California K-12 education system. Go Marshall Tuck!

Kashkari's opposition to the high-speed train is the only thing I don't like about him. I also think his focus on education is great. The main reason I like Kaskhari is because we are both moderate Republicans who happen to be Indian-Americans. Almost all of the Indians I know are Democrats. Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley are both far-right nut jobs, so I don't like them.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2014, 09:51:26 AM »

Kashkari's opposition to the high-speed train is the only thing I don't like about him. I also think his focus on education is great. The main reason I like Kaskhari is because we are both moderate Republicans who happen to be Indian-Americans. Almost all of the Indians I know are Democrats. Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley are both far-right nut jobs, so I don't like them.

She's Indian?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2014, 09:52:40 AM »

She's Indian?

Oh yeah. A turbaned one too.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies