2014 October Presidential elections, political winner (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:48:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2014 October Presidential elections, political winner (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is the political winner of the presidential elections among the Atlasian parties?
Federalist Party

Labor Party

The People Party

Democratic-Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: 2014 October Presidential elections, political winner  (Read 745 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: October 30, 2014, 09:05:59 PM »

Labor.

The Federalists ceased to be an "organized party" when Hagrid departed their leadership. The Registrar General may as well remove the name from the voting rolls. It would make no difference. Lumine's victory is entirely a credit to his personal strengths, which more than made up for his membership in Atlasia's most embarrassing political party.

Labor, on the other hand, won a larger share of the vote than most of us had expected in the presidential election and unexpectedly gained a seat in the Senate in a region that's on the cusp of expelling its homosexuals to Madagascar. All of this despite the party's increasingly shrill calls for the abolition of private property.

Labor gave us the most disastrous presidency in Atlasian history - and, let me be clear, I blame the festering hand of the Politburo more than DemPGH for everything that's gone wrong over the past four months - and suffered almost no electoral consequences. (Yes, even the presidential election - Labor has a natural disadvantage in presidential elections, and was never a favorite to win in October.) If that's not proof of political genius, I have no idea what is.

By the way, neither Labor's success nor the Federalist's incompetence alters the fact that both of our major parties remain rotten to their cores. And while the two parties dominated this month's elections, winning four out of five Senate seats and the Presidency, they have declined from about 60% of the electorate to barely half. More and more of us are simply going without electoral representation.

Damn well said, especially regarding the Feds and the DemPGH administration. I remember being in a Labor chat after the election and realizing that there was no way it was going to work. Although I probably would have dismissed the GM for pulling obvious stunts like that (note to self: dont appoint the guy you defeated and then passed over for a position to anything), there is no way to appease the sensitive sallys or reason with the unreasonable, especially after eight months of nothingness.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies