was metrotech a scam (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:26:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  was metrotech a scam (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: was metrotech a scam  (Read 452 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 30, 2014, 09:17:39 AM »

No, no, no.  I don't believe that it was.  Where's the evidence?  Bushie's half-hearted attempts to secure his certificate?  If it were a scam, the certificate would be the first thing they got to him. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 09:26:31 AM »

No, no, no.  I don't believe that it was.  Where's the evidence?  Bushie's half-hearted attempts to secure his certificate?  If it were a scam, the certificate would be the first thing they got to him. 

i agree that bush attacked this endeavor very half-heartedly.

but metrotech made a lot of promises that they didnt follow through on...like career placement services.

Yea, but I doubt Bushie is telling us the whole story when it comes to his CAD(D) classes, his attendance, what they really promised, etc.  A quick search of MetroTech Oklahoma shows a legitimate vocational school.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 04:59:57 PM »

For sure. Faux higher education is the hot scam in America right now, though I feel like people are beginning to catch on.

Yea... DeVry, ITT Tech, and University Of Phoenix... things like that.  This was a real skill that Bushie learned/could have learned/did learn but isn't applying correctly, etc.  There are institutions like MetroTech in NJ that a lot of my friends went to (BCIT, GCIT are a couple), but typically they went there instead of high school during their teen years.  Most if not all found jobs in that field, be it electrical or automotive.  Bushie mentioned there were teenaged kids in his classes.  It is very strange to see a 32 year old man with a college degree heading back to learn a trade like CAD(D), but that does not mean it was a scam.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies