Republican Wave? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:16:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Republican Wave? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Wave?  (Read 4399 times)
Representative Joe Mad
Joe Mad
Rookie

« on: November 07, 2014, 03:17:22 PM »

If the Republicans do well in 2016 I think some new buzzword or theme in the media will take hold, but I'll be honest in thinking it will be little more than just that, a media theme.  The parties are (depressingly so, really) far more robust than many seem to give them credit for.  I remember reading an article that discussed the aftermath of the 2004 elections.  People were talking about how the Democrats might become a long term minority party!  We all know what happened two years later.  Then, post 2012, the GOP is destined for long term decay due to demographics and an increasingly young, liberal electorate.  Then we had a few days ago happen.

To me, if the GOP does take 2016, I'll view it less as the Democratic coalition falling apart and more that after eight years of a Democrat in office (who has sagging approval ratings) enough people are desiring a Republican to usher one in with congressional majorities.  Which, of course, sounds really familiar.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies