Office of Senator Windjammer (Foreign issues)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:33:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Windjammer (Foreign issues)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Windjammer (Foreign issues)  (Read 2004 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »
« edited: March 06, 2015, 07:33:54 AM by Mideast Senator windjammer »

Welcome to my office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have any questions, you can PM me or directly post in this thread. I will make many updates during my term.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 06:15:17 PM »

Your office needs more books.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »

My team

Chief of Staff: Adam Griffin
Spiritual guid: Pope Kalwejt

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 04:24:01 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2014, 04:36:58 PM by Senator windjammer »

Update 1

I have introduced my first bills as senator of the Mideast:

-Protecting people from explosives Amendment: the current constitution basically allows people to bear explosive bombs. This is obviously completely crazy so this amendment to the constitution is made to basically get rid of this non sense.

-Increase Activity Amendment: Simply, if a senator or anyone else is "inactive" (and considering the senate has a bad record for expulsing inactive officeholders), this person should simply be instantly removed from office, not being safe after the senate failed to expel him.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »

Update II: VP powers and Game reforms
Well, the VP currently only has the power of the confirmation threads. So, basically, Sjoyce, as  VP, will soon have nothing to do. I introduced an amendment to the senate rules giving him the administration of the constitutional amendments. Why the constitutional amendments? Simply because he can't break the tie for that.

Game Reforms: Some constitutional failed to pass because some Governors failed to close the voting booth. I want to avoid that, that's why I believe someone extremely competent, homelycooking, should administer that.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 01:33:12 PM »

Update 3: Concerning the Civil rights Act

Well, that won't be a long message: most of the part of this bill are unconstitutional because it violates the right of "free speech". I don't vote for a bill that is unconstitutional, so I won't support this bill.
I thank my colleagues Polnut and Cranberry for trying to make this bill better and constitutional, I would like that to happen, but seriously, that will really unlikely to happen.

Best regards,
Senator Windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2014, 01:54:53 PM by Mideast Senator windjammer »

Update 4:
Well first of all, SWE, Lief, Cris, Polnut and Bacon King: congratulations. I appreciate you all, so I'm sure the senate will be a working chamber for the next session. A shame that 2 of them seem to think I'm crazy or I'm constantly against them Tongue. That's obviously not true. I'm extremely to see that my old friend Lief will return in the senate. Lief is a super guy, extremely clever and funny and I'm sure he will be a voice of reason.

I have introduced recently three pieces of legislation:
- A bill to protect workers' gratuities
-A bill to create a new section of Labor Rights allowing workers not to work on Sunday for religious reasons
-A bill absolishing the VP office: This office is right now "pointless" and has no duty and the senate isn't going to give duties to this office, there is no point with an inactive office, that's why I want to abolish this office.

It appears we current have a problem with inflation, we need to fight that, but by not cutting our spendings!

Oh and, while I won't vote to impeach Lumine, I'm against Senator Bacon King's plan to abolish the last amendments.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 02:14:10 AM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 08:36:43 PM »

Statement
It appears someone attempted to kill me. That's really bad.
And what is worse is that a worker has been injured.
Fortunately, I can tell everyone that he's now safe. I visited him and he was fine.

Now, I wanted to say something else. It appears that the Northeast region is making fun of the mormons. Considering that the ME has an important Mormon community (2 mormons are in my region), I believe this is my duty to try to overturn this anti-mormon bill. Join me in the fight!

By the way, I have taken into consideration Polnut and Zuwo's remarks and I will try to have a more visible office Smiley.

An important friend will soon declare his candidacy for the special election. So it means:
I WILL CAMPAIGN HEAVILY FOR HIM BOTH IN THE ME AND IN THE MW!

I have noticed as well that Harry Truman has declared his candidacy for the Mideast Assembly.Harry Truman is a dedicated journalist and I'm sure if elected, he will be a great assemblyman.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 02:06:41 AM »

It appears that the Northeast region is making fun of the mormons. Considering that the ME has an important Mormon community (2 mormons are in my region), I believe this is my duty to try to overturn this anti-mormon bill. Join me in the fight!

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 03:14:48 AM »

It appears that the Northeast region is making fun of the mormons. Considering that the ME has an important Mormon community (2 mormons are in my region), I believe this is my duty to try to overturn this anti-mormon bill. Join me in the fight!

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 04:26:13 AM »

Alright. Now that I'm sober, I'll actually type up a legitimate response to this.

First and foremost, I'd like to address Senator windjammer's actual concerns with the bill. His actual concerns seem to be based off of a misunderstanding of the Restoration of the Arts Act (OOC: which is understandable given the language barrier). Specifically, the text of the bill states, "The Battle Hymn of the Republic shall be sung by an all LGBT student choir, dressed as mormons, to honor the performance of The Battle hymn of the Republic, by The Mormon Tabernacle Choir." Windjammer said, in his suit, that "The Clause 5 of this bill forces every LGBT student in the Northeast to be dressed as Mormons." As Exiled Citizen Altsomn Stmarken says, it's simply a choir uniform. Nobody's trying to discriminate against our vibrant gay community, and the law doesn't say that we're trying to make all LGBT students dress a certain way. Thus, I see no way to strike this down under Article VI, Section I.

Aside from personal concerns, I'm not exactly thrilled with you making this a public speak. I appreciate your concern, but you have the power to come make your input in my region's threads - as Simfan did with some of my region's. If you had a problem with the legislation, you could have popped in, made an appeal to not pass it (since I never really had much of a strong opinion anyway and chatted up the conservative crowd), and simply left this type of action as a last resort. Since you aren't SirNick, the worst you'd get is an "ayy lmao".

As for your new argument that the Northeast is attacking the Mormon community, it's simply not true. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is a treasured part of our culture, and Matt simply wanted to pay our own tribute to it. It's also worth noting that the Northeast has actually legalized polygamy and that Matt and I have defended the law against its repeal. This actually gives Mormons the right to practice their religious freedoms if they so choose, and we are the only region to actually give them the right to this practice. Let's not focus on some bill that's in the process of being fixed right now. Let's focus on the actual religious freedoms that Mormons are being denied almost nationwide. I urge you all, from you to the rest of the regions: let's legalize polygamy.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 09:58:47 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I don't see where is the language barrier when Americans like Winfield believe that this bill is making fun of the mormons. I know sometimes I have a problem with "language" barrier, but I know  this is not a problem this time.

I don't see what I did wrong. It is my right to sue someone or to sue a region. I don't see why I would have had to go in one of your region threads, considering this bill had already become law.

No, Matt just wanted to troll. Even if this law isn't struck down by the court, it will still be a highly frivolous law.

Finally, I will just quote Polnut:

~Sawx

I don't see the big stink about this.

You want me to rescind my endorsement don't you?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 01:34:28 PM »

*I wasn't talking specifically about your concerns of making fun of the Mormons. I was talking about your original concern of discrimination against religious freedom.

*During debate. Not after debate. I'm simply saying I don't appreciate you trying to publicly start a fight on shaky grounds.

*And I've actually been working with some of the right behind the scenes to help fix it.

*I certainly don't appreciate you trying to use out-of-context remarks to try and attack me. Polnut is a personal friend of mine who actually made it clear that he wasn't serious. You can accuse me of anything - making fun of Mormons (rich coming from a region that illegalizes polygamy), sue, the whole nine yards. However, where I draw the line is you deliberately trying to take my friend's quote out of context to try and suggest the rift we had is still there.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »

I support you in this court case wholeheartedly, Windjammer. I hope you join the march!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 01:47:34 PM »

*I wasn't talking specifically about your concerns of making fun of the Mormons. I was talking about your original concern of discrimination against religious freedom.

*During debate. Not after debate. I'm simply saying I don't appreciate you trying to publicly start a fight on shaky grounds.

*And I've actually been working with some of the right behind the scenes to help fix it.

*I certainly don't appreciate you trying to use out-of-context remarks to try and attack me. Polnut is a personal friend of mine who actually made it clear that he wasn't serious. You can accuse me of anything - making fun of Mormons (rich coming from a region that illegalizes polygamy), sue, the whole nine yards. However, where I draw the line is you deliberately trying to take my friend's quote out of context to try and suggest the rift we had is still there.
Well, you need to calm down.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »

On the bright side, I'm fairly sure we've hit peak irony.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 02:04:01 PM »

On the bright side, I'm fairly sure we've hit peak irony.
Of course,
Eh, I have the same problem than you. I made critical mistakes when I'm angry. That's why I would like you to avoid doing mistakes while being angry, and then deeply regret it.
It happened to me many times, and every time after I felt guilty and stupid.

This bill is obviously frivolous and is making of the mormons. And no one is going to deny that.

So please, no need to "overreact". I'm not using dirty ways in order to attack you, I just want this frivolous to be struck down.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 02:16:04 PM »

Well there are certainly better ways to do it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 02:20:14 PM »

And much more terrible ways too. That's not like if I was opening threads blaming you "SAWX INCOMPETENT FOR GOVERNOR" or trying to struck down just 1 week before the election. Yes, personal experience haha.

Listen to me, I was in the same situation than you 9 months ago when I signed the terrible lebron bill. I simply apologized for having signed this crap. If I had tried to defend it, it would have literally backfired. Just an advice.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 03:07:39 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2015, 03:14:40 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

And much more terrible ways too. That's not like if I was opening threads blaming you "SAWX INCOMPETENT FOR GOVERNOR" or trying to struck down just 1 week before the election. Yes, personal experience haha.

Listen to me, I was in the same situation than you 9 months ago when I signed the terrible lebron bill. I simply apologized for having signed this crap. If I had tried to defend it, it would have literally backfired. Just an advice.

I'm quite familiar (and am actually in the midst of fixing it right now - once these next few bills pass, it'll be on the floor). I'm not saying that this bill is constitutional - in fact, there are clear constitutional concerns with this bill. They're just not the concerns that you're highlighting.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 07:33:39 AM »

On the recent foreign developments
Well well, it apppears that foreign policy is a big focuse of the current senate and of the current GM (I have to thank both Kal and Superique for being so much active).
So I believe it is wise for me to explain my views on the current problems:
- Russia, Ukraine: I believe the last deal negociated by former Secretary of State Potus is one of the worst deals ever made in the USA history. This isn't a question of being a hawk or a dovish person, this is a question of respecting the alliances. Basically throwing under the bus Ukraine by letting Russia have Crimea, in order to have vague promises of "we will not try to invade the baltic states and Ukraine anymore" is S-T-U-P-I-D. Putn wants the return of the URSS (not economically but demographically) and this isn't vague promises that will stop him. I guess we will have problems with him soon.
- Iraq, ISIS: well, it appears that Iraq will always be a problem Tongue. I frankly don't know what we should do, there isn't any good solution. I'm looking forward to working with the new administration.
-Kurds: Kurds have all of my sympathy and I hope the senate and Atlasia will be able to help them.
-Iran: I hope the next administration will work to improve the relations with this country. We have everything to win, nothing to lose. Atlasia (and my irl country) have a long history of being pragmatic. King François decided to ally with the turks against Charles Quint, Nixon decided to ally with China against the USSR. Having better relations with Iran could help us to secure the Middle East. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and we have some same enemies (ISIS).

And for the rest: I hope the senate will pass my religious protection bill and the bill protecting interns from having low wages.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies