Game Moderation Abolition Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:51:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Moderation Abolition Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Moderation Abolition Amendment (Passed)  (Read 4222 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: October 30, 2014, 09:33:20 PM »

I agree that the GM should get out of the business of producing economic statistics, cost analyses, etc. But, I do think we need some sort of storyteller to generate major events for us to discuss. Should we just assume that everything that happens IRL also happens in Atlasia?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 01:16:24 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2014, 01:21:18 AM by Deus Naturae »

Alright, I have two remaining issues with abolishing the GM:

1) I think the game could function without the GM telling us what events are occurring that we need to respond to, but once we respond, there should be some sort of results for us to evaluate. Will this responsibility be passed onto the SoIA or simply gotten rid of?

2) I agree that we don't need the GM for cost analyses but what about revenue analyses? If we just have to rely on speculation ("I really doubt that would raise enough revenue to finance x program") people will probably just ignore such objections and vote based on their own ideology. More generally, how are we supposed to formulate a budget without a GM to give us revenue figures?

Edit: Just read Yelnoc's post and I think you address both of these but I'm not sure I fully agree. Hmm...
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 01:20:16 AM »

Abstain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies