Game Moderation Abolition Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:46:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Moderation Abolition Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Moderation Abolition Amendment (Passed)  (Read 4224 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 30, 2014, 09:02:25 PM »

If we have come to the point where we are willing to just trash the position, then surely it is time to take the gloves off and go crazy before doing so.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:20:36 PM »

Even in the absence of going all gov't sim without elections, we would be better with some kind of programmed engine, even if for just part of the GMs duties, then the present system.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 02:04:33 PM »

Get back to me when you find someone with the right combination of expertise in programming, system dynamics, and public policy who's willing to volunteer a few hundred hours of his or her free time.

There's no point in fantasizing about what we could do if we had unlimited resources.

Naturally, if you take something to the fullest extent and then try to contemplate the task at hand, you will undoubtedly find it to be the case.

You seem to have become rather pessimistic about everything and seem to reject out of hand neary every proposal that doesn't fit within a preset narrowly defined set of constraints set by yourself.

Kind of like "Don't go to the ME Windjammer, you'll be doomed!" Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 02:05:19 PM »

Well, I guess the vote will be scheduled before I swear. In case I would be able to vote, I intend to vote Aye.
The current system isn't working, if we abolish this office, we will be able to create something else in the future.

Do you have any ideas on that "Something else?"
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 12:15:47 AM »

I wonder just how many people actually do desire to continue to play this game anymore and who is just pushing it along delaying the inevitable?

Ironically, in spite of how long I have been here, leaving the game has never really been an option I would seriously consider unless something external absolutely forced me to. Yet each real life challenge that has come along, I have gone to excessive lengths just to preserve my ability to continue so there are few real life events that could produce that result.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 12:17:17 AM »

I am proposing a "real change." Why you would threaten to quit Atlasia in response is beyond my comprehension.

It is more of a house cleaning conceding to an unchangeable reality and merely tidying up by making it official. It is thus that nothing will really change because we presently don't have an active GM abolishing the GM will thus yield nothing in terms of gameplay. It is cosmetic.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 01:17:12 AM »

A voice from the gallery would like to make a comment...

I have been GM before. My experience leads me to believe that it is a worthless post that needs to be abolished.

Yes, Afleitch appointed you. I even voted for your confirmation in spite of our long and bad history. I hoped your experience would both avoid the "continuity problem" and also provide a perspective that could do something with the post that was more radical and not constained by the limits ("do anything somewhat interesting and I'll bitch and moan" basically was the meme at the time) implaced on the position by the general public. Therefore, someone who was both ancient and has never gave a damn what about others thought was a good choice for the position.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 01:18:22 AM »

I have seen both Polnut and Dr. Cynic discuss penalties for ignoring the GM. One of you suggested a ban from office I believe. wHat would the mechanics of this entail, how could you implement  and satisfy the doubters?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 01:54:22 AM »

Not this again. Penalizing politicians for "ignoring" the GM (whatever that means) is the single worst proposal that I've ever heard in Atlasia, and anyone who supports it ought to be dropped down an elevator shaft.

Will you calm the hell down man? Forgive me, but I got the impression that we were suppose to debate sh**t here five years ago, not just suppress what the almighty Nix thinks is a bad idea. Two other respected Senators have expressed interest in the proposal and so have I, we should at least discuss how they view doing it and stuff.

You really don't seem to enjoy doing this anymore man.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 02:16:14 AM »

On the flip side, it is perfectyl reasonable to expect those who play a game, to adhere to its set rules like any other though.

That is why we have debates, to discuss logistics and find answers to such questions, or at least try to. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 09:56:47 PM »

I will offer the amendment if that is needed at this juncture.

I am not opposed to the direction, I just have a nagging feeling there was something more we could have done.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 06:25:27 PM »

Aye Suppose
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies