Game Moderation Abolition Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:12:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Moderation Abolition Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Moderation Abolition Amendment (Passed)  (Read 4209 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: October 31, 2014, 09:46:42 AM »

Senators Nix and TNF, my dear future colleagues,

Abolishing the office of Game Moderator is truly a wrong idea. This office is truly important for one specific reason: regional and federal activity. When I was representative, Archduke and Governor in the Midwest, the office of Game Moderator was extremely helpful for me because he made the cost analysis. No one can deny regional activity is actually falling, the biggest reason is I believe how difficult it is now to estimate cost analysis for budget bills, etc...

I believe the  Game Moderator office needs reforms (and oh my god, the GM amendment that is going to pass is clearly terrible because the GM would be too powerful), but I don't believe this office should be abolished. People seemed to have forgotten, but the Hagrid/Napoleon partnership was at the beginning really effective. A shame Nappy left Atlasia because of health problems.

I recall President Cranberry, while he was SoIA, doing a wonderful job for the events etc.
So maybe, instead of abolishing this office, we should reform this office by making the SoIA and the GM even closer, or by merging the SoIA and the GM office?

I don't believe abolishing this office is the right thing to do.

Best regards,
Senator-elect Windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 10:39:11 AM »

This arrangement is better for people elected in the regions because they don't have this boring work to do. When the GM stopped doing all this stuff, that's just my impression, but I had the impression that activity started to decline in the regions.

Yes, this is a boring job, doing all of the cost analysis, but being GM, this is like being god, no? Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »

Wait, I don t understand??? Why my candidacy for this office would make you withdraw this bill???

Do you realize I would be extremely be incompetent? I wouldnt understand correctly the bills I would have to make the numbers because of the barrier language Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 01:29:24 PM »

Well, I guess the vote will be scheduled before I swear. In case I would be able to vote, I intend to vote Aye.
The current system isn't working, if we abolish this office, we will be able to create something else in the future.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 02:09:03 PM »

Well, I guess the vote will be scheduled before I swear. In case I would be able to vote, I intend to vote Aye.
The current system isn't working, if we abolish this office, we will be able to create something else in the future.

Do you have any ideas on that "Something else?"
Making the SoIA office stronger for instance?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 07:10:38 AM »

This amendment is good and I will vote for it.
Good job Nix!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 07:33:45 AM »

Thirded
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 11:32:34 AM »