An Exploratory Committee - Maxwell for At-Large Senate (Q&A)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:54:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  An Exploratory Committee - Maxwell for At-Large Senate (Q&A)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Exploratory Committee - Maxwell for At-Large Senate (Q&A)  (Read 435 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »
« edited: November 03, 2014, 07:41:00 PM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

"It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you/without a strong rhyme to step to..."

I look at the Atlasian Senate, and I see an opportunity. An opportunity for us to get more done on behalf of Atlasia. To change and it make it better, instead of the stagnation in Nyman I see consistently. In the IDS in the short time I've been Emperor, I've accomplished a good deal, reforming our game so that it is clearer, expanding our economic outlook, and securing our region during a national crisis. The South has improved under this leadership, and I thank the people of the IDS for having confidence in my tenure. However, I see national failings. Slowing economies, lack of activity, and a general slowdown of our game. As your Senator, I want to change that, by engaging in tax reform so our businesses can create jobs, pushing for a overhaul of our current regional system, and lowering the scope of our federal government. Federalists remeber my tenure as Senator - I wasn't always on their side, but I worked hard to reduce the size of Atlasian Government, and was a notable No vote on a lot of harmful legislation. Voting for me is a vote for returning Atlasia to the people, instead of the corporate fat cats and the union bosses who control this nation.

I'm still in the exploring phases because I want to see if my region continues to need me, and if that is the case I will end this Exploratory Committee and endorse whoever is the most competent candidate to fight for a smaller, less invasive, less taxing Atlasian Government. I hope to engage Atlasia in a constructive conversation about the issues that will lead to a more interesting game. I hope the citizens of Atlasia take note of that. Thank you all for your consideration.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 08:46:59 PM »

You have my enthusiastic support! Let us have a D-R renaissance in Nyman!
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 01:41:06 AM »

oh lawds yes
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:42:36 PM »

Time for a little Q&A

As an At-Large Senator, I would have to get to know each and every Atlasian from all walks of life and all regions, so I open this thread today to allow you to ask me questions about what I'd do in the Senate, what my beliefs are, and why I so think that this is the greatest country in the world. This will run for a couple of days, presumably until the 7th, when the seat goes vacant and I announce whether or not I do run for the seat.

ASK AWAY FRIENDS!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 07:43:46 PM »

You will probably win Maxwell, good luck!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 07:49:36 PM »

You will probably win Maxwell, good luck!

If only that were a question Wink But I hope so, windy.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 08:04:45 PM »

Time for a little Q&A

As an At-Large Senator, I would have to get to know each and every Atlasian from all walks of life and all regions, so I open this thread today to allow you to ask me questions about what I'd do in the Senate, what my beliefs are, and why I so think that this is the greatest country in the world. This will run for a couple of days, presumably until the 7th, when the seat goes vacant and I announce whether or not I do run for the seat.

ASK AWAY FRIENDS!

Can you weigh in on the Game Moderation Abolition Amendment, currently being debated?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »

Time for a little Q&A

ASK AWAY FRIENDS!

Can you weigh in on the Game Moderation Abolition Amendment, currently being debated?

The GM position hasn't had much success lately, but I'm not sure getting of the role is entirely the right thing to do. If we get rid of the GM, we might as well get rid of the rest of the cabinet, because with a small exception, very few cabinet members ever get anything done (and why should they? no incentive to do so!). But if we have most of the cabinet roles in tact, I think we can wait for the next big GM to get the job done. We've had success before - GM's Adam Griffin, shua, and Nix all did a good job while in their position, at least temporarily.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 04:47:51 PM »

Pushing this up so more questions can be asked of a potential candidate for higher office Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies