Landrieu: Obama and I struggling because South is racist/sexist (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:18:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Landrieu: Obama and I struggling because South is racist/sexist (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Landrieu: Obama and I struggling because South is racist/sexist  (Read 2209 times)
Recalcuate

« on: October 31, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »

I like this. Its a good way of driving up African-American turnout.

I am not sure if pulling the race and war on women cards out is going to help her more than it's going to hurt her.

Nuanced or not, couched in politically correct words or not, she likely offended a good number of Louisiana voters.

It certainly won't help her avoid the inevitable runoff, so it was probably better left not said at this point.
Recalcuate

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:20:43 PM »

I like this. Its a good way of driving up African-American turnout.

I am not sure if pulling the race and war on women cards out is going to help her more than it's going to hurt her.

Nuanced or not, couched in politically correct words or not, she likely offended a good number of Louisiana voters.

It certainly won't help her avoid the inevitable runoff, so it was probably better left not said at this point.

I doubt it. I know a lot of people voting against Landrieu; they're not doing so just because of this.

I never said that the quote would be determinative. I think I pretty much said it won't matter for Tuesday's election.

However, an us vs. them type of analogy this close to an election instead of a unifying message is not smart politics. It was better left unsaid.
Recalcuate

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:06:38 PM »

I never said that the quote would be determinative. I think I pretty much said it won't matter for Tuesday's election.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Er, I'm not sure. Given how few swing voters there are in LA, this might not hurt her as much as you seem to think. This could very well motivate blacks to turnout out for her; otherwise a party that thinks racism doesn't exist anymore could win.

Meh. To me it's the equivalent of sports loser talk, "We played a great game, but (fill in the blank excuse)."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies