Landrieu: Obama and I struggling because South is racist/sexist (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:54:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Landrieu: Obama and I struggling because South is racist/sexist (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Landrieu: Obama and I struggling because South is racist/sexist  (Read 2235 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« on: November 01, 2014, 05:03:06 PM »

Maybe that's true for about 1-2% of the population, but she's acting like a white liberal Democrat in the Oval Office would be popular in the South because he's white, and it has nothing to do with the region's political ideology.

As someone pointed out elsewhere, John Kerry did 10% points better in Louisiana among whites than Obama, even while Obama was romping to a win nationally and Kerry lost. That's an actual data point for your proposition.

Race had nothing to do with it !

John Kerry spoke french and had an appeal to the Acadians.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:30:57 PM »

Maybe that's true for about 1-2% of the population, but she's acting like a white liberal Democrat in the Oval Office would be popular in the South because he's white, and it has nothing to do with the region's political ideology.

As someone pointed out elsewhere, John Kerry did 10% points better in Louisiana among whites than Obama, even while Obama was romping to a win nationally and Kerry lost. That's an actual data point for your proposition.

Race had nothing to do with it !

John Kerry spoke french and had an appeal to the Acadians.

And Obama, similar to  in W. VA, was perceived even more strongly than Kerry as anti-fossil fuels.

Sarcasm my friend. The idea that LA whites would like a stiff like Kerry over Obama other than race is laughable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies