Do you believe Senator Lindsey Graham is gay?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:02:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Do you believe Senator Lindsey Graham is gay?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe Lindsey Graham is gay?
No, being an effeminate life long bachelor doesnt make you gay

Maybe, its impossible to know

Probably, but could just be asexual

Yes I am almost certain he is

Is water wet?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Do you believe Senator Lindsey Graham is gay?  (Read 2486 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2014, 02:56:26 AM »

Lindsey Graham is persistently rumoured to be a closeted gay and are often mocked for it. Do you believe those rumours are true or is he just an asexual that fits a gay stereotype?
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 05:10:37 AM »

Honestly, no. Still, it's fun to speculate about considering he won't say anything about it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 06:19:50 AM »

Yes, duh.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 06:56:02 AM »

Lindsey Graham is just like Charlie Crist: my gaydar says they're living in a glass closet, however my gaydar isn't always right.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 09:03:08 AM »

Speculation of the sexual orientation of a specific person based on rumours and particular traits is shameful, ignorant, and lazy (I am not invited to parties)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 09:23:32 AM »

Don't know, don't care, and since he hasn't a history of making comments on gay rights (a la Steve King) that would really come back to haunt him if he were, I don't see where it matters.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 10:15:43 AM »

He seems gay to me.  And, there's the fact that he's never been married despite being a successful public figure.  One can only assume, right?

The only complicating factor is that a lot of Southern men seem gay to me.  Maybe it's the accent, I don't know.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 01:17:56 PM »

I have much better things to ponder about than Lindsey Graham's sexual orientation.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 01:40:38 PM »

Don't know, don't care, and since he hasn't a history of making comments on gay rights (a la Steve King) that would really come back to haunt him if he were, I don't see where it matters.

Graham scores 0% by the Human Rights Campaign on gay rights, he supports a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage and voted Yes on banning gay adoptions in DC. You could say that it comes with the territory of being a Southern Republican, but it is still enough to make it relevant whether he is gay or not.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »

Yes, but he'll stay in the closet for the rest of his life, or at least his political life.  If he comes out any sooner he'll be eaten alive by his base and the gay community alike.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 03:08:56 PM »

The only complicating factor is that a lot of Southern men seem gay to me.  Maybe it's the accent, I don't know.
Perhaps the "Southern dandy" archetype still lingers in Southern culture?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 04:18:24 PM »

Could be.  I think it's the accent which seems a bit effeminate, it's the same with people from England. 
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 05:01:57 PM »

Could be.  I think it's the accent which seems a bit effeminate, it's the same with people from England. 

There are loads of English accents, which ones do you find effeminate? Received pronounciation?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 11:48:07 PM »

my guess would be asexual/uninterested in sex and romantic love.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 12:04:26 AM »

There are loads of English accents, which ones do you find effeminate? Received pronounciation?

I don't know exactly.  I can't really differentiate aside from the North of England accent and Cockney, and sure, those two lack the cultured gayness of a true British gentleman.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 12:11:42 AM »

No, and quite frankly it isn't anyone's business but Senator Graham's and the National Enquirer.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 01:51:04 AM »

Assuming that "effeminate" traits point towards homosexuality is damaging to everyone.

I know these stereotypes didn't just appear out of thin air, but it's 2014. Haven't we grown out of this rubbish yet? Come on guys (no pun intended.. did you see what I did there? Can I come to your parties now?)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 04:43:18 PM »

He may not make comments, but in the 1990's he successfully had gays banned from the South Carolina National Guard. That alone should make it okay for anyone to out him. He stepped on them to further his own political career.

I love how people act like outing him is in poor taste. He's worse than Larry Craig.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 06:32:03 PM »

He has to be, and for more reasons rather than the accent.

Assuming that "effeminate" traits point towards homosexuality is damaging to everyone.

I know these stereotypes didn't just appear out of thin air, but it's 2014. Haven't we grown out of this rubbish yet? Come on guys (no pun intended.. did you see what I did there? Can I come to your parties now?)
I know a guy who was among the most masculine guys you can ever know, and he came out not too long ago. The "effeminate" stereotype needs to die already.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 09:51:06 PM »

Is water wet?

It's pretty much an open secret in the Senate Republican cloakroom. 

I expect he comes out when the GOP establishment finally embraces gay marriage; that means probably before the end of his next term in the Senate. 
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 10:55:13 PM »

Don't care.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 12:17:25 AM »

I'm a masculine voiced homo-American myself so I know what you're saying.

But, there is a gay-voice.  Not all gay men have it, but pretty much only gay men have it.  It's nothing to be looked down on, it's just that society and especially gay men, privileges masculinity.  That's the real problem, that we think there's something wrong with being effeminate. 
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 07:51:25 AM »

Is water wet?

It's pretty much an open secret in the Senate Republican cloakroom. 

I expect he comes out when the GOP establishment finally embraces gay marriage; that means probably before the end of his next term in the Senate. 
Even if that be true, the last thing Graham needs is to make him seem even more like part of the GOP establishment than he already is.  That's more of a threat to him politically that any rumor or truth of him being gay.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2014, 09:50:41 AM »

I don't really give a sh**t, but he probably is.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies