Family Guy characters: FF or HP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:18:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Family Guy characters: FF or HP
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Family Guy characters: FF or HP
Peter: FF

Peter: HP

Lois: FF

Lois: HP

Chris: FF

Chris: HP

Meg: FF

Meg: HP

Stewie: FF

Stewie: HP

Brian: FF

Brian: HP

Quagmire: FF

Quagmire: HP

Joe: FF

Joe: HP

Bonnie: FF

Bonnie: HP

Cleveland: FF

Cleveland: HP

Bruce: FF

Bruce: HP

Herbert: FF

Herbert: HP

Mort: FF

Mort: HP

Sneakers O'Toole: FF

Sneakers O'Toole: HP

Giant Chicken: FF

Giant Chicken: HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Family Guy characters: FF or HP  (Read 473 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2022, 01:35:29 AM »

Vote
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 12:11:50 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2022, 12:26:54 PM by SUN YAT SEN »

Meg, Joe, Bonnie, Cleveland, Bruce, and the Chicken are FFs. The rest, while hilarious, are terrible people who deserve any pain through the gags.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 07:59:57 PM »

Literally all are clearly HPs based on the things they have done on-screen in the series.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 09:14:46 PM »

Literally all are clearly HPs based on the things they have done on-screen in the series.
Meg? Joe? Sneakers O'Toole?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 10:30:45 PM »

IIRC Meg tried to sexually assault Brian and was going to let that football player unknowingly rape Chris; Joe has engaged in police brutality on numerous occasions.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 10:40:40 PM »

"Sneakers O'Toole" is as much a Family Guy character as Trump is a Home Alone 2: Lost in New York character.

Despite BRTD's adamance to the contrary, appearing once in a ten-second cutaway gag for one episode that doesn't even have any relevance to the plot of that story does not qualify you to be on the same list as Peter, Brian, or Stewie.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2022, 10:43:33 PM »

"Sneakers O'Toole" is as much a Family Guy character as Trump is a Home Alone 2: Lost in New York character.

Despite BRTD's adamance to the contrary, appearing once in a ten-second cutaway gag for one episode that doesn't even have any relevance to the plot of that story does not qualify you to be on the same list as Peter, Brian, or Stewie.

This but also WTF was with that guy refusing to take his damn sneakers off? HP anyway.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2022, 12:48:55 AM »

IIRC Meg tried to sexually assault Brian and was going to let that football player unknowingly rape Chris; Joe has engaged in police brutality on numerous occasions.

It's an animated sitcom; it's meant to be taken lightly and it's often done ironically or as a way to lampoon or parody American culture (you'd appreciate a scene once where the police completely ignored Peter and Brian despite the fact that there was very clear evidence of murder, but then arrested them for possession of a small amount of marijuana). This post is just utterly hilarious, though I think you meant it seriously and didn't intend for it to be funny (which makes it 10 times funnier  Cheesy)
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2022, 12:50:13 AM »

Mort the Pharmacist cracks me the hell up.  And is the only one I voted FF.

I don't know why, but I've always found neurotic Jews hilarious.  This is also why Constanza is my favorite Seinfeld character.

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2022, 12:58:00 AM »

PETER: FF as the series' main character and source of much humour.
LOIS: FF, I suppose.
CHRIS: FF on the whole.
MEG: The rest of the characters would want me to vote HP, so that's what I did.
STEWIE: I vote HP solely in protest of how much he's deteriorated. Used to be a hilarious character but I watched some of the more recent episodes and it's horrible how much he's declined in quality. Humour factor has gone to zero and as a character he's a shell of what he used to be. He's gone from trying to kill Lois to being excited he won 'Busy Bee' at preschool two weeks in a row. Pathetic. And his relationship with his bear, Rupert, has gone from amusing to mildly disturbing (and not at all funny). His habit of also calling Brian 'Bri' is one of the many infuriating things about him now. Biggest decline of all the characters, I'd say.
BRIAN: FF, I suppose.
QUAGMIRE: FF. The humour can go a little too far or over the top at times tbh though.
JOE: FF.
BONNIE: HP. Her voice is irritating and she was pregnant for like half of the entire show.
CLEVELAND: Will vote HP only because of The Cleveland Show (watched the first episode and a half a few years back).
BRUCE: FF, though very overrated, I'd say.
HERBERT: FF (what else can I say? the man is a literal freedom fighter as a WWII vet), though can be downright disturbing a lot of the time.
MORT: FF.
SNEAKERS O'TOOLE: HP just to trigger BRTD.
GIANT CHICKEN: Unironically HP. Once of the most overrated, overused and unfunny cutaway gags on the show. Has not been funny the first time and hasn't been funny the next 100 times (with just one exception).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2022, 01:17:03 AM »

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OneSceneWonder
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2022, 04:58:43 AM »

I voted HP on every single one except for Mort because he's my favorite Madagascar character
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2022, 06:35:36 AM »

like most TV show characters, they are all HP.  Mort and Sneakers are probably neutral.

FF/HP doesn't really work for TV show characters.  Perhaps we need something else, a character that we can judge all other characters against, a perfectly neutral character.  Not a FF, but not quite an HP either.  It should be someone most people know like a Dwight Schrute, Homer Simpson or a Tony Soprano.  Homer and Tony are both too obviously HPs and Dwight would be far too polarizing.  The mom from Malcolm in the Middle?  Hot Lips Hullahan?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2022, 06:45:57 PM »

brien the dog is a big time FF, probably the best character

so is Stewie

idk about all the others
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2022, 08:24:44 PM »

All HP except Meg and The Chicken.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2022, 09:58:12 PM »

This is a BRTD threaf
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2022, 10:04:36 PM »

All HP for being plagiarized.
Dr. Yakub
DoctorYakub
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2022, 10:34:17 PM »

You are ignoring difference glaring enough here that I suspect you are being wilfully obtuse. Trump was Donald Trump before appearing in Home Alone 2, and continued being him afterward. He is a known cultural quantity outside of the appeareance you here reference. For Sneakers O'Toole, meanwhile, there is nothing outside the text. Brian's allusion to him in casual conversation, meanwhile, implies a broader cultural presence for Mr. O'Toole within the Family Guy universe. This is a foolish post, and were I a less forgiving person I would demand an immediate retraction.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2022, 11:23:11 PM »

I don't intend to invoke your wrath, but I don't really understand why that cutaway was supposed to be funny.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2022, 11:24:31 PM »

Mr. Weed, Santa, and the mayor are FFs.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2022, 11:32:44 PM »

I don't intend to invoke your wrath, but I don't really understand why that cutaway was supposed to be funny.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies