Anyone else visiting the graves tomorrow ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:47:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Anyone else visiting the graves tomorrow ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone else visiting the graves tomorrow ?  (Read 505 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: October 31, 2014, 12:47:48 PM »

Yes, I'll be doing this tomorrow, too. I'll be staying with mum, my uncle and my grandpa at my great-grandmother's grave; we do every year. It's a nice tradition, not so much with church, but to remember the dead. 
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 03:59:20 AM »

Zell am See's population is less than 10,000 so there would be no need for more than one municipal graveyard.
I'm unfamiliar with how such things operate in Austria. Are cemeteries run by the municipality? Here, cemeteries are a private enterprise and there are many of them, sometimes related to specific churches or denominations.

Depends. In small towns with a local church, the cemeteries are often run by the local church itself. The bigger the town is, the more likely it is that the municipality runs it on their own. Other religious groups, such as Protestants or Muslims (or Jews in Vienna) often have their own cemeteries. But in small towns, if someone of Muslim faith dies - he/she is buried at the local cemetery as well (if that's his will, or that of his relatives). I have never heard of a case, in which the Catholic Church in some small town has rejected burying a resident of another faith really.

In my village of 2'000, the cemetery is run by the Church, and it's located around the church. However, the few Muslims in my village are as far as I know buried in the cemetery of the neighbouring town, where there is a mosque and a minaret, and a part of the local cemetery reserved for Muslims.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies