Resignation.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:40:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Resignation.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resignation.  (Read 1543 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2005, 08:35:46 PM »

I just don't care anymore.

Oh, and if you guys vote for King as my replacment, I'll be seriously pissed Wink

Thanks to my supports, and to me detractors. As i'm leaving, can I just say, this isn';t fun any more. too many rules, way too much pettiness-we're debating bloody currency, for goodness sake!

The minutae and boring orderlyness of the senate is really really crap. I can't emphasise that enough. The GM was created to propose wild and wacky scenarios for the politicians to deal with, not bloody budget-related realism shyt.  If you ask the people who voted in the first eklection if Atlasia is more fun now then back then, the answer will be no from the majority. We've had over a year now to make Atlasia better, but it's just getting worse and worse and more and more boring. I'm a stubborn Aussie so despite Colin's best efforts to change my mind, I just can't like the new way of doing business in Atlasia.

I've been around for ever, made heaps of friends and enemies, run for President (and received way too many second prefernces Smiley) and been a senator in very differnt times in Atlasian history. I've been involved in Atlasia for a long time, and I know it pretty well. I don't know all the little laws about silly things like forum affairs, I've never really bothered. I'm justdone. There is nothing left for me to do that I want to do. When we're debating bloody currency, you know it's time to shake things up a bit. And seeing that I can't be bothered shaking things up, and I don't want to be part of this...boring timewaster any more, i'm gone.

Ciao and thanks for the memories.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 08:37:49 PM »

Oh, and if you guys vote for King as my replacment, I'll be seriously pissed Wink

Thanks to my supports, and to me detractors. As i'm leaving, can I just say, this isn';t fun any more. too many rules, way too much pettiness-we're debating bloody currency, for goodness sake!

The minutae and boring orderlyness of the senate is really really crap. I can't emphasise that enough. The GM was created to propose wild and wacky scenarios for the politicians to deal with, not bloody budget-related realism shyt.  If you ask the people who voted in the first eklection if Atlasia is more fun now then back then, the answer will be no from the majority. We've had over a year now to make Atlasia better, but it's just getting worse and worse and more and more boring. I'm a stubborn Aussie so despite Colin's best efforts to change my mind, I just can't like the new way of doing business in Atlasia.

I've been around for ever, made heaps of friends and enemies, run for President (and received way too many second prefernces Smiley) and been a senator in very differnt times in Atlasian history. I've been involved in Atlasia for a long time, and I know it pretty well. I don't know all the little laws about silly things like forum affairs, I've never really bothered. I'm justdone. There is nothing left for me to do that I want to do. When we're debating bloody currency, you know it's time to shake things up a bit. And seeing that I can't be bothered shaking things up, and I don't want to be part of this...boring timewaster any more, i'm gone.

I disagree in somewhat.  I really applaud John Ford's efforts to provide comprehensive economic data.  It's what I think is one of the most important jobs the GM has.  If our economics ran the same as the US, there wouldn't be any point in proposing economic legislation.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 08:38:46 PM »

The special election for District 5 will be held during the Midterms.

I personally endorse John Ford for Senate 125.1%
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 08:39:13 PM »

you're not a firstie, Preston. You don't know what it was like. To you, it's probably changed very little since you arrived.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 08:41:08 PM »

I still find it to be fun...

So long Hugh.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »

King is now in Vermont and won't be taking over your seat.

If you don't like working within the system, then you should probably leave, imo.  Which is what you've already done.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 08:43:18 PM »

you're not a firstie, Preston. You don't know what it was like. To you, it's probably changed very little since you arrived.

I agree that a lot has changed since we first started this crazy thing.  I believe that it's been mostly for the better, but you are entitled to the opposite opinion, of course.  I think the orderliness and relative calm is a good thing.  Still, it's unfortunate to see you go, I'm sure you'll return eventually.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 08:47:04 PM »

I was here when it all began: I have to say I've pushed heavily for the forum affairs law if only so that we have well established procedure that aids the Republic, I never meant it to push anybody out.

Oh well, I'm sorry to see you go, and hopefully we'll stay in touch.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 08:53:53 PM »

Sad
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 08:56:17 PM »

O i'm not leaving the forum, just Atlasian politics. I might still comke and yell something down here, but basically i'll only be in the higher forums.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 09:02:52 PM »

Why are you doing this all of a sudden, Hugh?  Makes no sense.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 09:06:26 PM »

If the United States Congress was going to change the currency, you don't think they'd debate it?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 12:58:03 AM »

In my defense, I don't propose scenarios because I think they've destroyed one President and would have destroyed more if we'd continued.  I also have to mention that things like the MCS are very complex policies that you've worked hard to get passed, so I don't think its entirely fair to knock Peter Bell's Forum Affairs legislation or my budget storyline.  I don't mean that as a parting shot, but I did feel compelled to defend my own case.

I do hope you'll come back, and think you were a fine Senator (Only person to represent two districts in our history).  Sometimes this can be a taxing place.  In that regard, it may be too much like real politics.  But most who have left have returned.  Its like retiring from boxing, so don't think you have to stick to this retirement thing.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 06:42:40 AM »

Three cheers to you, Hugh.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 11:10:12 AM »

Sorry to see you go - I was looking forward to your tax plans. Smiley
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 03:37:12 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2005, 04:19:38 PM by Lt. Gov. Immy »

Alas poor Hughento, I knew him well.

Have fun in the outside world Hugh, but try not to forget us little guys.  Sorry to see you go, but if that's what you want, I support you.

I just realized that both people I voted for in the February elections are no longer in office, even though they both won.  Coincidence?  I think not!  Though don't ask me what I think it is.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 07:01:41 PM »

Well said Hugh!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 08:52:05 PM »

I actually agree with a lot of what you have said, Hugh. I don't really have time for Fantasy Politics anymore now anyway; I do a lot of this same stuff in the real world. Smiley

It's changed into something very different than what it once was. Whether that is good or bad is in the eye of the beholder.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies