Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2017, 01:33:59 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
| | |-+  IL: PPP: Quinn +2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IL: PPP: Quinn +2  (Read 2804 times)
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: 1.39

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2014, 08:08:03 pm »
Ignore

Link coming.

Quinn (D)- 47%
Raunder (R)- 45%

Great news for the People's Pat!

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 08:08:43 pm »
Ignore

Curses!!! foiled again... I'll go and delete mine.

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 08:11:56 pm »
Ignore

As expected. Whoever had the idea to run a private equity billionaire in a deep-blue state... Quinn couldn't design a better piata himself.

7.35, 3.65

Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par laction.  - Charles de Gaulle

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken
Clarko95
YaBB God
Italy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 08:13:33 pm »
Ignore

Frick.

Dwarven Dragon
Wulfric
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: 0.70

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 08:18:59 pm »
Ignore

Well, Illinois, enjoy continuing to have a 13.7% underemployment rate. You had the chance to choose Rauner and change everything, but you're just too dumb and too attached to democrats not named Giannoulias to take it.

We must keep the electoral college. It is the best system for a large country like ours:

-------

If you live in a state with a republican senator, please call them and ask them to keep Obamacare! We only need three Republican votes to save it!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:20:10 pm »
Ignore

Well, Illinois, enjoy continuing to have a 13.7% underemployment rate. You had the chance to choose Rauner and change everything, but you're just too dumb and too attached to democrats not named Giannoulias to take it.

Bit too optimistic of what a GOP Governor could do in IL....

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 08:21:46 pm »
Ignore

Looks like my Quinn+5 Prediction is going to be correct, since I feel like it'll be closer to the Kirk-level polling difference than the Brady-level polling difference.

Clarko95
YaBB God
Italy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 08:48:29 pm »
Ignore

Oh, but haven't you heard? Apparently Walker getting re-elected in Wisconsin excuses Quinn's failures. Because if we're going to continue screwing over one state, we might as well do both as retaliation, according to some on here.

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: 1.39

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 08:49:51 pm »
Ignore

New Poll: Illinois Governor by Public Policy Polling on 2014-11-02

Summary: D: 47%, R: 45%, I: 3%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

KCDem
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 09:05:11 pm »
Ignore

Georgia still has the nation's highest unemployment rate: Thank you Governor Deal!

BTW do folks think that Quinn breaks 50%?
Dwarven Dragon
Wulfric
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: 0.70

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 09:32:09 pm »
Ignore

Georgia still has the nation's highest unemployment rate: Thank you Governor Deal!

BTW do folks think that Quinn breaks 50%?

For the record, I don't support Deal either.

We must keep the electoral college. It is the best system for a large country like ours:

-------

If you live in a state with a republican senator, please call them and ask them to keep Obamacare! We only need three Republican votes to save it!
RR1997
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 09:38:17 pm »
Ignore

This is a disappointing poll.

PM Economic: +1.03
PM Social:  -3.83

Hillary Clinton 2016
Michael Bloomberg 2016
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
sjkqw
YaBB God
Italy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 10:25:38 pm »
Ignore

This is a disappointing poll.

I know you must be disappointed as a resident, but I was really expecting a 6 or 7 point Quinn lead with his momentum. You gotta take this even with so little time left and knowing people will likely break to the Democrat.

20:58   Santander   our inside is almost as beautiful as barron trump's outside
20:41   Classic   I think we need to abort any babies with autism so we won't end up with more people like smilo in our society.

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: -6.26

P P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 10:30:54 pm »
Ignore

Expected, but still unfortunate. Quinn is as good at elections as he is bad at governing.

I will NOT be accepting any result other than a victory for America's next President, Governor Gary Earl Johnson Angry
muon2
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 12:16:16 am »
Ignore

Actually the results are quite interesting. When the poll included Grimm, he got 3% and undecided was 5%. That's one of the lower totals for Grimm when his name was specifically used and consistent with movement away from the third party as election day nears.

When they pushed the Grimm and undecided voters it came up 48% for both Rauner and Quinn with 4% not sure. That is to say the Grimm/Undecided when pushed went about 3 to 1 for Rauner. Looking at the crosstabs, by gender it was about 2 to 1 for women and better than 4 to 1 for men. Independents in that pushed group also moved 3 to 1 for Rauner. They don't have any regional crosstabs.

As I've noted after earlier polls I think that the Grimm factor is the wild card, and the union and Dem strategy downstate reflects that. If the remaining undecided voters continue to break like the independents in this poll when they get to the booth, then it will be a very close race. If more Grimm voters continue to move away the race could go narrowly to Rauner. However, if they stay on the third party line then Quinn should get the win.

Where will you be for the Great American Eclipse?
Joshua
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 12:28:13 am »
Ignore

Great news for the People's Pat!
Mr. Illini
liberty142
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.87, S: -5.48

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 12:41:13 am »
Ignore

This will be one gleaming success for the Dems on what could be a frustrating night, brought to you by the good ol' Prairie State. May God bless Illinois!

Thank you.

IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.70

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 12:52:59 am »
Ignore

This will be one gleaming success for the Dems on what could be a frustrating night, brought to you by the good ol' Prairie State. May God bless Illinois!

PA's got you beat there, buddy. Wink We're throwing out our incumbent Republican and it won't even be close!

Lief 🐋
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 01:00:57 am »
Ignore

I've said Quinn would win re-election since, well, since he announced he would run for re-election I guess. The good people of Illinois love the man and all the good works he has done for their state.

I just hope Clinton is wise enough to promise him the VP spot, lest he jump into the primaries himself and give her a good thrashing.

fuck nazis
Kraxner

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 01:33:02 am »
Ignore

I've said Quinn would win re-election since, well, since he announced he would run for re-election I guess. The good people of Illinois love the man and all the good works he has done for their state.

I just hope Clinton is wise enough to promise him the VP spot, lest he jump into the primaries himself and give her a good thrashing.

The state  of illinois needs fixing and that will have to be by a republican who has little to fear from the unions and be able to make the tough decisions because they didn't support him and so he won't need to pander to them.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 01:37:02 am by Kraxner »Logged

E: 2.84
S: -1.04
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 02:40:16 am »
Ignore

Bit too optimistic of what a GOP Governor could do in IL....

Republicans do have an impact on the number of jobs. Just not the direction that was implied.

Ebowed
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 02:45:04 am »
Ignore

Is there any evidence that Rauner cares about unemployed people?  That seems like a pretty odd stretch to be making.

Donald Trump wants America to be his personal safe space.

Listen to Atlas Free Radio and follow us!  Stay tuned for Atlas Free Journal.  Thank you for your support!
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 04:18:57 am »
Ignore

I don't understand how electing Rauner would solve any of Illinois' structural problems. So might as well keep the good guy around.
Vox Populi
Panda Express
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 04:46:28 am »
Ignore

All I care about at this point is Quinn winning
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout