CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:40:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45  (Read 23453 times)
KCDem

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2014, 10:46:36 PM »

Unfortunate that Udall was forced to run in such a misogynistic state
LOL

I take back my comment. I thought this was a parody of Lief and Massachusetts even though Udall is male. Never had I once even considered to associate pro-life voters with misogyny. Considering misogyny is one of the greatest problems in our country as I see first hand almost daily, this is a mockery of a serious issue. You can't just type people who disagree with you as mysogynists when they have a very legitimate argument on the other side of the issue that has nothing to do with suppressing women.

Ummm, that's exactly what the anti-choice movement is all about: taking power away from women and giving it to politicians who tend to be disproportionally white and male.

1. "Disproportionately"
2. Read the FULL sentence. Does it say the ISSUE has nothing to do with suppressing women? No, it says the ARGUMENT for being pro-life has nothing to do with suppressing women.
3. There's no such thing as an anti-choice movement (and if there is, they are probably HPs)
4. Abortion does nothing to do with putting males in power. Big Murkowski supporter here. Align with my beliefs and be a respectable human being. I don't care who you are - you can have my vote for a position of power.
5. Get off this forum, you JUNK POSTER. Mods please ban.

Restricting abortion is all about male power. You insult every woman in this country by denying it.
Recalcuate

« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2014, 11:15:10 PM »

Restricting abortion is all about male power. You insult every woman in this country by denying it.

Even though I am pro-choice, I don't think restricting abortion is about male power as much as it is about people (men and women) trying to push their religious and moral beliefs on others.

There are plenty of pro-life women who would deny abortion to other women.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2014, 11:16:19 PM »

Unfortunate that Udall was forced to run in such a misogynistic state
LOL

I take back my comment. I thought this was a parody of Lief and Massachusetts even though Udall is male. Never had I once even considered to associate pro-life voters with misogyny. Considering misogyny is one of the greatest problems in our country as I see first hand almost daily, this is a mockery of a serious issue. You can't just type people who disagree with you as mysogynists when they have a very legitimate argument on the other side of the issue that has nothing to do with suppressing women.

Ummm, that's exactly what the anti-choice movement is all about: taking power away from women and giving it to politicians who tend to be disproportionally white and male.

1. "Disproportionately"
2. Read the FULL sentence. Does it say the ISSUE has nothing to do with suppressing women? No, it says the ARGUMENT for being pro-life has nothing to do with suppressing women.
3. There's no such thing as an anti-choice movement (and if there is, they are probably HPs)
4. Abortion does nothing to do with putting males in power. Big Murkowski supporter here. Align with my beliefs and be a respectable human being. I don't care who you are - you can have my vote for a position of power.
5. Get off this forum, you JUNK POSTER. Mods please ban.

There are pro-life females, in case you weren't aware.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2014, 12:06:30 AM »

Gardner should win this but looking at RCP it is eerily similar to the 2010 Senate race in Colorado. 2.5 average lead for Gardner with most polls having him up 2-3.

2010. Wasn't that the race with ...

Panda Express

« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2014, 07:35:18 PM »

Looks like the final result will be about 49-46 Gardner. Meaning PPP once again nailed Colorado.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »

Looks like the final result will be about 49-46 Gardner. Meaning PPP once again nailed Colorado.

Basically nailed the governor's race as well. Very impressive.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2014, 10:21:57 PM »

More like 2.5 for Gardner and 3.5 for Hick. I think Gardner was captured by the RCP average.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2014, 10:52:21 PM »

More like 2.5 for Gardner and 3.5 for Hick. I think Gardner was captured by the RCP average.

Looks like the Buck effect got cancelled out by Republicans underpolling nationally to result in accurate polls in Colorado this year!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2014, 11:49:21 AM »

Looks like the Buck effect got cancelled out by Republicans underpolling nationally to result in accurate polls in Colorado this year!

By basically a national non-racist(but many here on atlas think it was caused by an alleged rape culture in Massachusetts and Colorado) Bradley effect.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2014, 12:08:16 PM »

The weird thing is the "CO effect" did seem to happen for Hickenlooper, though.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2014, 12:53:56 PM »

It's still kind of shocking how Gardner won CO without winning Denver and the suburbs.  That's never heard of before.  I believe turnout outside Denver really helped him out in the end.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2014, 12:58:42 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2014, 01:00:46 PM by Alabama Man! »

He won Larimer by 500 votes, though and the GOP turnout machine really helped in Greeley and Colorado Springs. The Democrats just didn't do a good job in Pueblo, too. If I were Bennet and Hillary, I would really be looking into turning out the vote in Pueblo and the Sangre Del Christos.

The point is that Republicans and Democrats both did fairly well this election but that the Rs are doing much better though the Ds still have much room for improvement.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2014, 10:23:17 PM »

He won Larimer by 500 votes, though and the GOP turnout machine really helped in Greeley and Colorado Springs. The Democrats just didn't do a good job in Pueblo, too. If I were Bennet and Hillary, I would really be looking into turning out the vote in Pueblo and the Sangre Del Christos.

The point is that Republicans and Democrats both did fairly well this election but that the Rs are doing much better though the Ds still have much room for improvement.

Not talking about abortion 90% of the time might help turn them out.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2014, 11:14:29 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2014, 11:17:17 AM by Alabama Man! »

Not talking about abortion 90% of the time might help turn them out.

I'd imagine that to be the case, too. Its a tough like to walk. You can't just give up on the issue but you can't run on it. That's true for Republicans, too. No one can run as the abortion monster whether you running as "if you have sex, you should immediately expect to be a parent" or "fetuses are  temporary female organs that become a person once they are born ". 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies