MW: The Midwest Pro-Workers and Pro-Growth Amendment Bill (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:41:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MW: The Midwest Pro-Workers and Pro-Growth Amendment Bill (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MW: The Midwest Pro-Workers and Pro-Growth Amendment Bill (Passed)  (Read 1433 times)
GAworth
United States

« on: November 03, 2014, 08:42:03 PM »

That could be tricky in our more remote communities, but I am not opposed to it Representative.

This merely amends the Midwest Pro-Workers and Pro-Growth Act passed by the Althing earlier this year.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:05:58 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Midwest_Statute_(Passed_by_Al%C3%BEing)#Midwest_pro_workers_and_pro_growth_Act
GAworth
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:41:17 AM »

225 is excessive, that is nearly 2/3rds of the year off. I do believe that Family Leave is important, however, I disagree with the length.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 09:58:52 AM »

I can't support this. I like the idea of giving more paid days to the other parent, but this revision cuts off 2 1/2 months of well-deserved parental leave that's important to help the parents get adjusted in their new lives. It gives more unwielding power to employers to tell parents when and when they can't take time off and just reduces the time by too much.

Therefore, I'll veto this if it makes it to my desk.

With all due respect, this version of the law still allows for 5 months of paid leave. I believe that this is still very generous. Many countries around the world do not have this long paid leave on the books. Now I think if we want, adding back the additional 2 1/2 months, but that time being unpaid. I could accept that compromise.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 08:37:20 PM »

I think that a compromise is fine.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »

I am supportive of the compromise. I of course wanted the original version, but obviously, it appeared that couldn't happen. So I am in favor of 225.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies