Where Obama Went Wrong (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:15:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Where Obama Went Wrong (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where Obama Went Wrong  (Read 2885 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 03, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »

lol @ the idea there was any opportunity to compromise. The Teabaggers and McConnell's master plan made it impossible.

The War on Women won the 2012 election. Midterm turnout just isn't right for it.

Obama swung into unpopularity because of Edward Snowden, wasting time with gun control legislation, and he never recovered.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 02:08:59 PM »

I'm not cynical about it. Obama did the right thing. No grand bargain was in reach, his only opportunity to reach "compromise" with the Republicans was to give them everything from flat tax to Medicare privatization.

In the end, his legacy of not doing anything with the GOP Congress and instead bulldozing Obamacare and higher EPA standards into implementation will prove to be a positive effort.

Sometimes inaction is a positive action. As a Democrat, it is better for his beliefs to let gridlock be gridlocked than waste time with the Teabaggers.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:53:45 PM »

I'm not very convinced of the argument that the Affordable Care Act, for example, needed to be so massive, because it needed all the unpopular stuff in order to work. There are plenty of things that could have been passed separately.

There's only one unpopular clause in the whole bill and it's the individual mandate, which is the most important part of it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:59:22 PM »

Once it gets indexed by Google, this thread is only going to bring out the worst new posters in forum history IMO.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »

This thread is quite amusing. Millions of pages of data gathered every year that highlight the deficiencies and failures of US spending patterns. Democrats still think its a messaging problem. It's definitely not all of the people who are put on Welfare after they are taxed out of the economy. It's definitely not all of the youngs struggling to pay the exorbitant benefits of their grandparents, many of whom are gaming the system with private retirement and pensions. 

Never in the history of mankind have so many people given themselves so much credit for so little accomplishment.

One time using Tinder I almost swiped all the way right on a really fat chick but caught myself at the last second and went all the way to the left. This other time, a girl used a bikini pic where her genital area was center on the screen and so my thumb swiped along the area of her vagina, symbolically violating her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies