The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:12:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 78
Author Topic: The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival  (Read 238542 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: May 28, 2016, 08:30:23 AM »

I'm afraid the cultural Marxists will have you thinking otherwise. They're slowly encroaching on Warsaw: my proof? The party PiS. If you replace 'p' with 'c' you get "cis", the word for someone who is not trans (I.e. Which with the best of efforts from the Euroferalists, will be a majority by 2030). There are 12 letters between 'c' and 'p', the same number of letters and punctuation marks as there are in the common expression "transgender!". So really electing that "right-wing" government was just a trap (like transgender people trap straight men into becoming gay and lesbians into becoming straight). I'm sorry, but you can't deny such clear evidence of the Marxist takeover of Poland.

Also it's 2016.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1301 on: May 28, 2016, 08:31:19 AM »

I'm afraid the cultural Marxists will have you thinking otherwise. They're slowly encroaching on Warsaw: my proof? The party PiS. If you replace 'p' with 'c' you get "cis", the word for someone who is not trans (I.e. Which with the best of efforts from the Euroferalists, will be a majority by 2030). There are 12 letters between 'c' and 'p', the same number of letters and punctuation marks as there are in the common expression "transgender!". So really electing that "right-wing" government was just a trap (like transgender people trap straight men into becoming gay and lesbians into becoming straight). I'm sorry, but you can't deny such clear evidence of the Marxist takeover of Poland.

Also it's 2016.
A solid reminder as to why this thread is named after her.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1302 on: May 28, 2016, 11:01:36 AM »

I'm relatively confident NoVA can sweep Peebs into the Governors mansion
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1303 on: May 28, 2016, 01:02:42 PM »

I'm relatively confident NoVA can sweep Peebs into the Governors mansion

I'm imagining someone stepping into NoVA and then immediately getting sucked into the air and transported to Richmond.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1304 on: May 28, 2016, 01:04:37 PM »

Crumpets: Sup, God?
God: Yo, sup?
Crumpets: Do you know what would be great? Give a bunch of people no powers except free will, but tell them you'll torture them for eternity if they use it for bad, and they get to live with us if they're good.
God: Dude, that's just sick... I love it!
Crumpets: Okay get on that!
[3500 years pass]
God: Argh! Overslept! I wanted to do that whole "humanity" thing. Ah, well. I guess I'll just cobble some things together this week. What's the worst that could happen?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1305 on: May 29, 2016, 09:06:59 AM »

Darryl Perry has had an unusual campaign strategy.

1. Join Atlas Forum. Hit on girls and talk about doing naughty things to Ann Coulter. Declare Presidential candidacy here.
2. Call Abraham Lincoln a tyrant.
3. Post genitals online.
4. Propose eliminating the federal government entirely. Call the federal government a terrorist organization.
5. Commit a crime onstage.
6. ...?
7. PROFIT
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1306 on: May 29, 2016, 03:52:24 PM »

So... a regular poster on the Atlas forum, who announced his campaign for 2016 about ten years ago, won a state in the nomination process for the nation's third largest party.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1307 on: May 29, 2016, 04:26:54 PM »

Nope, because I'm not batsh**t crazy. That pretty much disqualifies me entirely from at least GP/LP primaries.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1308 on: May 30, 2016, 08:42:11 PM »

So far, this thread is gold.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1309 on: May 31, 2016, 04:26:20 PM »

One neo Liberal corporate whore warmonger endorses another.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1310 on: June 01, 2016, 02:33:58 PM »

I keep seeing this thread and imagining Trump criticizing "Dying Bob."
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1311 on: June 02, 2016, 02:27:53 PM »

Obviously unintentional, but...

What's cringeworthy about my posting?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1312 on: June 02, 2016, 02:29:55 PM »

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1313 on: June 02, 2016, 02:32:20 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1314 on: June 02, 2016, 02:58:38 PM »

Is the Kilt Team reserved for the Scots only?

Seeing as how we had one in Minnesota....

reported for cultural appropriation
sportydude

« Reply #1315 on: June 02, 2016, 03:15:48 PM »

That whole thread.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1316 on: June 02, 2016, 07:50:19 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2016, 07:56:00 PM by Malcolm X »

I keep seeing this thread and imagining Trump criticizing "Dying Bob."

I'm going to hell for laughing at this.

"Dying Bob couldn't even live. Sad!"

Yeah, that sounds like Trump.

Nice gesture, I respect that.

This thread was also fun:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=237970.0
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1317 on: June 03, 2016, 05:46:21 AM »

I was drunk the other day and I (in my drunk mind) "noticed" that Kentucky and Austria look similar in shape.

Discuss my drunken observations with maps.

Poland and Cambodia look like what happens when I try to make pancakes, omelets, crepes, etc.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1318 on: June 04, 2016, 03:49:04 PM »

Context:

A friend of mine told me that the neighbor of the nephew of the uncle of the friend of a friend of his heard a tale about a man from Oklahoma who tried that once.  Jeff was the poor fool's name, at least that's what my friend said; you never really know with these types of things.  The story goes that Jeff was a successful and innovative businessman who was always looking for ways to give back to the community.  he man had the love of his family and the respect of all who knew him.  Some even said he was the most honest and selfless man they had ever met.  His compassion truly knew no limits.  He wouldn't even eat meat lest he benefit from the suffering of another of God's creatures.  Jeff was perhaps the only man truly capable of making Oklahoma Great.  You'll forgive me if I don't imply that the state was ever great in the past.

All that changed on one dark and stormy night.  Here's where things start to get a little bit confusing.  Some say the events of that terrible night happened a mere two years ago on April 1st, 2014.  Others will say that it happened on January 24th, 1999.  But if you ask my friend, he'll tell you that this dark day was February 27th, 2005.  I suppose you'll have to decide for yourself.  As for me, after seeing the fear in my friend's eyes, I don't doubt him.  Who could make up such a thing?  But I digress...  

It was a dark and stormy night and Jeff had just finished his two hour volunteer shift with the Salvation Army.  Jeff loved helping the needy, but he couldn't help feeling sad.  The rain meant he wouldn't be able go on his daily two mile jog.  It was his favorite part of the day.  You see, while Jeff had always loved all forms of exercise, there was nothing he loved more than jogging.  It was then that he made a fateful decision.  Jeff...the poor man...he decided to go on his jog despite the rain.  He decided to go a different route than normal and soon came to a part of Oklahoma City he'd never seen before.  There was nothing there except for a house that looked as old and run down as time itself.  I can't imagine what the house must have looked like.  Or maybe I just don't want to...

Some say that Oklahoma City is such a terrible place that this could have been any part of the town, but sometimes I'm not so sure.  Oh Oklahoma City is a horrible place, don't get me wrong, but I think this was no ordinary house.  Call me crazy, but sometimes I wonder if there wasn't something different about that part of town.  Something evil.  Something Jeff's inherent goodness had blinded him to.  In fact, I'll bet that if you went to Oklahoma City today – and God knows no sane man would – you would find no trace of the house.  Or maybe that's just what I tell myself when I'm afraid to think that such evil could still exist in the world.  I must beg your indulgence, my friends.  I promise that I was not a superstitious man before I heard this story.  Now though...well...these days I'm afraid of most everything.  Especially mirrors...  

My friend says he heard Jeff saw a flash of lighting in the sky and the house's door swung wide open.  Jeff was an innocent and trusting man.  If ever it was true that good could not comprehend evil, then so it was with Jeff.  He assumed that another good Christian man was opening the door and offering him shelter until the storm passed.  As the bible says, "Love thy neighbor as thy self."  Jeff entered the house and he climbed the steps.  The House looked like...well...I don't have to tell you, do I?  Of course not, you know the type.  It's just like that house in the run-down part of your town.  The one that no one but you can ever seem to find.  The one that seems to be calling out your name whenever you walk by as though it were speaking in a secret whisper meant for you and you alone.  The house that is always beckoning you enter that eternal darkness which consumes all who pass through the doorway.  

Jeff entered and heard a scream from one of the rooms.  A lesser man might have fled and called the police, but not Jeff.  He selfless raced to the downstairs bathroom to save a perfect stranger from whatever foul beast – be it one of flesh or one from that darker realm where God and the devil battle for our souls – had possessed his host to scream so.  But when Jeff enter the bathroom, he found it empty.  There was nothing to indicate anyone had ever been there before.  Nothing...except a nameplate carved from that most wretched gold of Mammon which did so read "Michael Heseltine."  "Michael Heseltine," Jeff muttered to his reflection as he tried to make sense of these strange and indeed foul circumstances in which he had found himself tragically ensnared.  

"That's it!  Michael Heselt!ne must be the owner of the house," exclaimed the poor man, lacking even the faintest notion of those blackest of horrors in whose wretched path he had placed himself.  Jeff had only one thought: to thank the man – and I doubt that it was a man – that opened the door and extended the house's hospitality to him.  "Michael Heselt!ne," shouted Jeff.  You'll understand if I dare not type that foul name a third time.  Not here...not now...not with mirrors in the house.  They could be watching...

No one knows quite what happened, but Jeff was never the same after that.  Whatever he saw had turned his hair white with fright.  Where once his soul shined bright with good works, it soon grew black with sin.  Jeff soon grew over 300 pounds as stress-eating – once his sole vice – quickly took over his life.  In fact, after saying "Michael Heselt!ne" a third time, Jeff simply disappeared.  He was found a week later wandering naked through the streets muttering "Bushie.  Bushie.  Bushie.  Bushie," over and over again.  It was all he has said ever since.  Alas, there is more, I fear...  

My friend did not take the same precautions I have taken when sharing this story with you and I never saw him again since the day he told me the tale.  I researched the story, expecting to find nothing, but what I did find haunts my dreams even now.  Since the invention of the first mirror, every major society has contained obscure writings warning of a creature called the "Lumine."  I don't know who or what the "Lumine" is or even what the word means.  I hope to God I never find out.  

The details of the stories vary depending on the culture, but the urban legends and folk tales have the same basic structure.  Perhaps your parents even told you one story or another as a child.  You know how it goes, "don't say Michael Heselt!ne three times around a mirror or the Lumine will gobble you up for his supper."  Somehow I suspect the poor souls who say that vile name thrice in a mirror's vicinity will meet a far more grisly fate.  

I know you must think me mad.  I can't say blame you.  I once doubted my own sanity, why shouldn't you?  But that was before the storm.  One dark stormy night, you know the type.  Those nights so black they make grown men hide under the blanket from the monsters we all once suspected were living in our closets.  On such a night as that, I thought...I thought I heard voice calling to me...beckoning me to enter the bathroom...to say that cruel name.  Only three times said the whisper.  And what frightened me the most was that I'll be d***ed if I wanted anything in that moment half so badly as I wanted to dash into the bathroom and say "Michael Heselt¡ne" three times in the mirror.  I almost got out of bed thinking it couldn't possibly be as bad as all that, but something stopped me.  I don't know what it was, but I thank God every day for it.  Instead of racing toward certain doom, I merely hid under the covers and wept...for Jeff, for my friend, and all the other poor souls taken from us my the mirrors.    
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1319 on: June 05, 2016, 08:57:59 AM »

what if you abort hitler and it turns out you were hitler all along at the end?Huh pretty spooky

What if you were a Jewish baker, and you went back in time to abort fetus-Hitler so you didn't have to bake a cake for a Nazi wedding?  Would the Supreme Court rule that Momma Hitler's freedom to control her body trumped your right of conscience to not bake the cake?  Would the fact that the abortion took place in the distant past, well before Roe vs. Wade, influence their decision?  And would it be more acceptable if the abortion took place in a transgender bathroom?

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1320 on: June 05, 2016, 01:27:56 PM »

Haha, silly YouGov and these garbage internet pollsters.

I checked cross tabs and its all backwards.

NJ demographics (2014 Primary): 750% white, Z% African American, 4.5*10^-5% Mexican.
^ SOURCE

This pollster Hillary Winning 92% of Blacks, but I'm going to assume this is a rounding error so I will give her about 12% of blacks. So.. 12 * 2.10^-15 Blacks = .089 African American voters for Hillary. Trump is winning 53% of whites but since the word white has five letters I've decided it's fair to add 697% to his vote total here because we can assume he's going to drive turn out.

So.. Canada's 2012 election demographics were

Canadian   English   French   Scottish   Irish   German   Italian   Chinese   First Nations
32.1   19.8   15.4   14.3   13.8   9.7   4.5   4.5   4.1   3.8   3.2

We know that Irish people are always pissed off, and 4.5% times 10, assuming we derive it's result from the quadratic formula, equals 327, so I can assume Trump will win somewhere in the territory of 327 electoral votes, with New Jersey being his largest and safest margin of the 50 states.

You can see further analysis at StatesPoll.com! Have a good one.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1321 on: June 05, 2016, 02:20:19 PM »

^ Amazing.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1322 on: June 05, 2016, 11:29:22 PM »

As a caveat, I should say that this story doesn't entirely make sense to me.  Why should one campaign's incompetence have the power to restrict the number of polling places, to the detriment of hundreds of thousands of voters?  Why is a representative from every campaign required to be present for the counting of the votes, does this include fringe campaigns like Rocky de la Fuente?  Would Martin O'Malley have been able to restrict the number of polling places to six because his campaign was so poorly staffed?  Something feels wrong about this story.

It's just the usual lying corrupt party pro Hillary propaganda that has been way too common this election.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1323 on: June 05, 2016, 11:56:02 PM »

Context: Is Donald Trump a racist?

The West Virginia margin just got 10 points higher.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1324 on: June 06, 2016, 09:07:36 AM »

I don't know why, but I laughed a bit at this:

IceSpear: Stop

Bernie Sanders: "No I won't stop. I'd like to run with Jill."

Jill Stein: "I'm very happy to hear that."

IceSpear: "nooooooooooooo !!!!!!"

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 78  
« previous next »