The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:54:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 78
Author Topic: The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival  (Read 237456 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: January 17, 2015, 03:32:00 PM »

Libertas is blowing Jesus in heaven. RIP.

^He's having orgies with the angels now.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #276 on: January 17, 2015, 03:52:59 PM »

Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives, but early the next morning he logged back on the forum. A crowd soon gathered in IRC and he started posting with them. As he was typing, the moderators of the forum and the ban brigade brought a woman who had been caught in the act of trolling. They put her in front of the forum.

"Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of trolling. The site's Terms of Service says to ban her. What do you say?”

They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and started playing Candy Crush on his phone. They kept demanding an answer, so he posted again and said, “All right, but let the one who is without infraction cast the first death point!" Then he stooped down again and played some more Candy Crush.

When the accusers read this, they started logging off one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was on the forum with the woman. Then Jesus started posting again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”

“No, Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and troll no more.”

In my ten years on this forum, this is the first effort I have ever seen from BRTD at deliberate humor.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #277 on: January 17, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »

The bolded parts were especially good, but I enjoyed all of this hilarious gurgling outrage:

I'm sure that afleitch and Marokai are thrilled to hear that they're homophobic "prudes" now.  And of course let's not forget fact that one of our proudest "anti-pruders", Grumps, was beating the ban drumbeat loudest, whereas Madeleine, who with the possible exception of Simfan is the only poster here who can actually be described in any honest way as "prudish", was in Libertas's corner.  It totally all fits that explanation, duh!

"Very limited exception" my eye.  I don't know why you feel the need to default to this explanation, but repeating it over and over (obviously there are many folks beside you who are doing so, and this post is a response to them as well) doesn't make it any less ludicrous. 

TBH I would argue that the very term "prude" is something without a meaningful and consistent definition except as a term of vague abuse anyway, and thus needs to stop being used so much. But such an argument isn't a necessary part of my point.

The one thing I will agree with here is your last sentence.  The Mods have an obligation to do a better job communicating limits and providing warnings; doing so won't silence every sh*t-stirrer but it's the right thing to do and will certainly help matters.

If you see my first post in this topic, you'd see that moral disapproval was only part of my complaint (the other being personal dislike). Only one of the posters you mentioned was of those I was talking about. I have nothing but the utmost respect for afleitch and I am unaware of any of any his postings about this matter. As for Grumps, I do like and respect him as a poster, though I also respectfully disagree with his thoughts on this. I was indeed pleasantly surprised to read Madeleine's response, which was most certainly a surprise based on her posting history (and username, for that matter).

If anything, your post has only hardened my position that this ban was completely ridiculous and nonsensical. There is nothing banworthy in his posting history by any objective measure. I still maintain that some posters here that wanted him banned from the start are indeed prudish and quite homophobic, whether or not they hid behind the label of social liberalism. (I really do believe some members here are quite homophobic, despite their proclaimed political leanings.) Those that continued their endless provocation should be punished. I fail to see how defending oneself against said provocation warrants a ban. There is nothing that points to a ban in this case. If there is, almost any current member is fair game.

As you mention those who are sh-t-stirrers, my dad almost literally just told me that "those who stir the sh-t pot should have to lick the spoon". That is a reference to those that have caused this banned and continue to dance around in their apparent victory. To those (not to the above poster): I say screw you and enjoy your pathetic victory while it lasts. It won't be one that lasts.

HB.

Banning should only be done in extreme circumstances.  This forum bans way too indiscriminately.  Libertas did nothing to deserve this, and I'm guessing he wasn't warned that a ban was imminent if he did not change his ways (as was opebo).

^This x1000!

I cannot say how much I agree with this post. As I was saying before, it seems as though mere moral disapproval and personal dislike is enough to warrant a ban at this point. That is absurd and completely ridiculous. If that is the case, this forum needs radically new leadership. Libertas was not a destructive presence on this forum. Other than responding to the provocations of others (to his apparent detriment), I found him to be a quite good poster. He did nothing wrong, unless defending oneself has become a banworthy offense. I'll be one of the first to sign the petition for his reinstatement.

I'm sorry, but this is the functional equivalent of social conservatives running this place, which is disturbing to me. This forum is devolving into a place where mere personal dislike is enough to result in a ban. I've been to forums where excessive rules and regulations override all else and where ban petitions are commonplace. It does not have good results for the overall quality of posters.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #278 on: January 17, 2015, 07:19:10 PM »

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #279 on: January 17, 2015, 07:28:17 PM »

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #280 on: January 18, 2015, 12:26:23 PM »

Wow King, wow...

Let's all share some more controversial opinions. I'll go first: I like the taste of sugar.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #281 on: January 18, 2015, 08:58:02 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2015, 02:28:09 PM »

Here's a paradox:  on the Tulsa's CBS affiliate Noon news, they just had a Weight Watchers healthy cooking segment sponsored by... Get ready... Braum's...  That doesn't make sense!  I know Braum's real well and I would never use it and Weight Watchers in the same sentence other than "You need WW after eating Braum's."

You know what you don't know well? The meaning of the word paradox.

Alright, how about oxymoron?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2015, 02:30:33 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2015, 02:32:07 PM by smilo »

Joe, this is the 3rd time you beat me by seconds with something to do with Update in the last two weeks lol. #UpdateCrowd #JustHereForUpdate
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2015, 02:50:49 PM »

Joe, this is the 3rd time you beat me by seconds with something to do with Update in the last two weeks lol. #UpdateCrowd #JustHereForUpdate

why
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #285 on: January 19, 2015, 03:05:33 PM »

Oh my.

He placed an obscene image in his signature.  It was horrifying.  I was as appalled as everybody else.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #286 on: January 19, 2015, 04:25:26 PM »

Oh my.

He placed an obscene image in his signature.  It was horrifying.  I was as appalled as everybody else.

hahah bullying is hilarious lol
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #287 on: January 19, 2015, 10:04:02 PM »

John F. Kennedy - Republican Tea Party (Nixon was the center-left candidate in 1960 and JFK's tax policies were the forerunner to Reganonomics that the Tea Party love)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2015, 10:54:51 PM »

Er, yeah, I have never bullied anyone.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2015, 11:40:44 PM »

US: GOP-Tea Party Wing-Liberty Caucus
Indiana: Libertarian
EL Salvador: PCN, PDC or ARENA
Austrialla:Family First or Liberal Democratic
Canada:Christian Heritage or Libertarian
Italy:Future and Freedom or Union of Christian and Center Democrats

You would probably fit in with UKIP in the UK.

Depends on if they're pro-EU or Euroskeptic
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #290 on: January 20, 2015, 08:39:20 AM »

So, SCOTUS has the supreme power to redefine the word marriage, subject self-identity and purpose to deny standing conscious of another – the adjournment of its being with malice without recourse, is, subjective conscious beyond man’s control, SCOTUS’s futile fallacy of it’s time.   
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #291 on: January 20, 2015, 05:21:31 PM »

Friend was sad. Cheered up friend. Friend is happy. Many :3s and <3s were exchanged.

20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2015, 11:01:28 AM »

I hope the Seahawks just rip Tom Brady apart (without hurting him)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2015, 03:10:45 PM »

- Killing Osama bin Laden "He who feeds you, controls you." - Thomas Sankara
- Saving the American auto industry "He who feeds you, controls you." - Thomas Sankara
- Reviving the American economy "He who feeds you, controls you." - Thomas Sankara
- Expanding healthcare coverage to millions of people "He who feeds you, controls you." - Thomas Sankara
- Preventing despicable morman serial liar Mitt "Mitt" Ronmey from becoming president "He who feeds you, controls you." - Thomas Sankara

"He who feeds you, controls you." - Thomas Sankara
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »

I was looking in the American Success board for the American Sniper thread, it kept refreshing – referring too here; it is being reported that when the Obama’s leave for their yearly State of it’s Union speech, Clint Eastwood will be opening the WH tours box office for his latest release “American Sniper” to be shown in WH theater room, it is said WH staff are scrambling to dust and clean all of their empty chairs.

jao
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2015, 04:41:39 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2015, 07:15:44 PM »

What's embarrassing about this thread is that it displays severe ignorance. All of the "jokes" in it are only funny if one is some combination of dumb and sexist. I.e. one thinks, for example, that objecting to sexual harassment means thinking "men can't talk to women". And so on.

A priest and a rabbi would  have no problem walking into a bar together! This is an outrage. Distortion of facts will not be forgotten by The Regime.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2015, 06:45:12 AM »

What does HBD stand for? I presume it's not good, so I'm not interested in giving their blog views. I tried searching but all that came up is that it's an abbreviation for happy birthday.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »

Well, I’m sure you’ve noticed as have I that thru an imposed compliance, on a unfound notion, that, the auto’s, especially 4 door sedans, are looking the same these days. And, for sure, for a few dollars more the experience will be better. The drivers, being of different shades and size will take to the road with a view, route and destination for various purposes, having passengers- priceless.

Yeah, keeping it in DRIVE will have its cost however, placing it in PARK; a: Perceived Awareness Rarely Known  

jao 

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2015, 09:07:55 PM »

Boone Pickens was long for about this time @ $150, ooch. Back mid summer he said the Saudis where pumping a lot of water from their reserves, this and his not so good wind farm development.  humm?
Dollar strength, euro QE adding $0 equity, conquest on the move – the bad kind, with no sheriff in town, all’s good, except for those in the theater of Obama’s last supper.
...aah, speak of the devil , he's coming up on cnbc... see where he's at now

still long, a little..

I propose, at least, to limit this effluence to a single thread. Would everybody agree?

..oh crap

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies