The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:15:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival  (Read 238824 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 08, 2014, 04:36:17 PM »

Lol at those who think Barrow will lose.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 01:05:15 AM »

But what are they going to impeach him for?

They'll start with his abysmal handling of the response to Hurricane Katrina, and go from there.
I think you meant to post that in another thread.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:50:04 PM »

How many of you have ever had 2 bowls of cereal in one sitting? I can't say I ever have.

That's normal for me, especially if the bowl is small.  Occasionally, I'll pour a third bowl if I'm really hungry.  I remember as an elementary-school kid I downed 8 bowls of cereal in one sitting.  That's my record and something I cannot do anymore due to my lactose semi-intolerance.

And Mama Bushie probably gleefully poured you more Count Chocula and dismissed any criticism with, "He's a growin' boy!"
I had a mixture of Boo Berry and Franken Berry for breakfast this morning.  (Finished off the Boo Berry box and opened a Franken Berry for the next box because my girlfriend wanted some Franken Berry when given a choice of all three.)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 01:05:35 AM »

I hate when I don't notice it's t_host and start reading the thread like normal, and at some point I'm just like, "Uhhh, what?"
...well, you did OK, 14 post in and you still seem alright. You'll do better next time.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 06:42:25 PM »

Sometimes dreams can come true!
For the Republican primary, its actually on April 1st.

Your joke is dumb, so I'll ruin it by pointing out that April 1, 2016 is actually a Friday, so it can't be "Super Tuesday".  Tongue

Thanks for squashing my dream of being on the witty one-liner thread,

HP.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »

Click for context:

Polar bears would tear the economy to shreds!! Your fringe ideology is nonsense. Intuitively, sure it makes sense to save a dying creature, but if you artificially prop the species up, their massive numbers will slaughter us all.

The rate of population decline is stable. Why mess with it when you might cause some insignificant inflation?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 10:10:16 PM »

I typed that? Oh my. But hey, now that it is preserved for the ages, I guess I will leave it alone.
The perils of auto correct!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 03:11:08 PM »

Memorial Day Bushie?  Bushie has apparently decided to embrace Anzac Day.

Memorial Day Bushie starts in April.
Immediately after is 4th of July Bushie.
immediately after is Christmas Bushie.

Because his entire life is a giant holiday, it is fitting. 

The only holiday he doesn't celebrate is Labor Day 

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 05:53:50 PM »

Just join the new forum people.  There will be no edits to your posts there.  Or vindictive infractions by admins.  That would be inappropriate.

Where's the new forum?

http://www.politicalforum.com
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 10:53:16 PM »

If the Dems automatically get 47%, this is the 41% that automatically goes to the GOP, plus the additional 6% that won't respond to the polls because polls are obviously used by the federal government to brainwash innocent American citizens and they know that.

That 41% includes 36% of Democrats and 41% of Independents.

Romney Democrats
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 07:50:47 PM »

The same party as Centrist Zionist Nazis.

I'm pretty sure that this already exists and is called the Likud Party. 
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 10:22:10 PM »

So far the whole thread has been comedy genius, but the following is the best post so far.
Tender: What is it, Doctor? Wink
Scientist: Herr Bundeskanzler. I'm pleased to report that we have captured a perfect Mexican specimen.
Tender: Excellent! Show me to him Wink

The scientist pulls a curtain.

Tender: He's a bit pale Wink
Prisoner: I'm not even a Mexican. I'm from Florida.
Scientist: Of course he is a Mexican, Master. His name's "Chairman Sanchez".
Sanchez: Actually, it's just my username.
Tender: Well, if his name's "Sanchez", then he's obviously a Mexican. Proceed.
Scientist: Yes, Master.
Sanchez: Roll Eyes

Two prisoners were stuffed into a machine.

Scientist: And now, Master, all you have to do is to push that button for their DNA to merge.
Tender: This is truly a historic moment Wink (pushes the button)

After a couple of minutes, the process was completed.

Tender: (laughing uncontrollably) YES! YES! See that, Doctor? A final proof that using term "Blaxican" is not racist at all Wink Now, all I've got to do is to post this on the Forum for the haters, that want to silence me, to stop Wink

I told you the Blaxicans is NOT an offensive term Wink

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 01:31:25 PM »

Not really.  While he's old enough to have been the model for the engraving, I can't imagine him wearing an English riding outfit.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 10:49:24 PM »

From the 2016 board, in a thread about a bad map the Carson campaign put out:
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 06:58:21 AM »

The weirdest thing about that is the states Sanders wins.
You mean my "Southern minority turnout high for Sanders" joke was lost on everyone? Oh well.

West Virginia?

Coal miners are a very oppressed Southern minority. Wink
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 05:57:57 AM »

I'm genuinely not clear on what your point is. A quid pro quo is not a gift. It is a transaction. Why should what is effectively buying the naming rights to a law school qualify as a charitable donation?
So I assume that you consider NPR tote bags to be commercial transactions rather than recognition for a gift?

No, I consider them a visible and easily-recognized warning to others and therefore a public service.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 07:37:29 AM »

Texas says it was just experimenting in college and that doesn't count.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 04:26:04 AM »

Bill Clinton's multi-million dollar donations to the Clinton Foundation allowed him to gain disproportionate access to Hillary Clinton, with reports of them being in the same room as each other on multiple occasions during each fiscal year of her tenure as secretary of state.  Their wanton, pay-for-play corruption knows no bounds.  #lockherup
Yet there is a kernel of truth there. If he weren't still useful to her, I wonder if they'd still be married to each other today.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 05:36:24 PM »

Technically the forum code could be altered to censor posts from TNVolunteer that contain NH-related words, like "NH", "New Hampshire", "Hassan", "Climbin' Maggie", and so on..

Of course at that point it's a game of whack-a-mole. What about a lobotomy?

Endorsed.

With or without context?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »

Our resident Russian troll proves to have a sense of humor:
Noone knows how Trump' lewd video  was obtained. I'd like to clarify the situation: it was leaked on Putin's order.
I understand that most of Americans consider Trump  to be Putin's favorite and strongly believe that the Russian president's aim is to help Trump win the election. They are badly mistaken. Putin's intention is to make a mess of the election, to show the whole world how unstable is the USA,  how inadequate are its leaders. Trump being finished,   his next move is to kick off Clinton .  In a couple of days a new leak about Clinton will take place that will provide convincing evidence of her ties with terrorists sufficient for her indictmen. Clinton  will envy Trump's fate. 
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 05:38:56 AM »

Context...

I think he just really needed to poop. That's a classic "I need to poop" face.

Until I checked the context, I thought he was commenting on Trump's official White House photo.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 10:14:22 AM »

I wasn't aware that modern political philosophy was even remotely significant. What impact has it had on people who aren't philosophers again?

hahahaha omg

This is definitely a troubling post.  Alas, the second statement unfortunately sums up the mainstream attitude toward philosophy in general and that's why it's a discipline that goes totally unrecognized.

It tends to go both ways. Many self-described philosophers pay little attention to engaging popular culture beyond pooh-poohing it to other philosophers. The detachment is not solely the fault of the hoi polloi.

As for Rawls' work, I would say that its primary flaw is his assumption that those in his "Original Position" would favor the least-well off. Humanity generally overestimates its competence despite evidence to the contrary. If placed into a black box, most of us are going to assume we'll end up among the better off.  As such a typical person placed into the Original Position is not going to choose an egalitarian society if his aim is to maximize his well-being once he's out of the box.

Any practical work of philosophy must begin with people as they are, not with people as we wish they were. A benevolent society is the goal, not the axiom.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 08:54:17 AM »

[...] which would allow every to know what their true likelihood of being upwardly mobile is. Misconceptions about one's ability to be among the "winners" normally shouldn't be able to affect this process.

Admittedly, you can still argue that this is too idealistic a framework to be effective. But I personally believe that any sound moral theory should start from the ideal and only then apply it to the messy reality.
The Lake Wobegon effect would likely cause a tilt in favor of a society with social mobility, but having upward mobility also means having downward mobility, yet our propensity to overestimate our own competence means people will generally overestimate their ability to move up.

Also, as you can probably tell, I think you have it backward and that any sound moral theory must start with the messy reality and they seek ways to improve it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies