Official GOP Gloating Thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:00:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official GOP Gloating Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Official GOP Gloating Thread.  (Read 2400 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2014, 11:50:50 AM »

I am disappointed that some good opportunities to beat the Dem got away.  Like CT RI CO VT and even NH governor races along with NH and VA Senate race.  VA hurts especially since just like 2013 it was a Libertarian candidate that took down the GOP candidate AND the GOP failed in invest in a race that was in retrospect quite winnable.     

It would not sting as much if the Libertarian was actually an ideological libertarian, as opposed to Robert "mileage tax" Sarvis. On that note, I am glad that Sean "Medicaid expansion" Haugh did not hurt (or even helped) the GOP in North Carolina.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2014, 12:01:54 PM »

There were some good surprises and some bad ones. The Republican strength in the Northeast is interesting, and I liked how poorly Cuomo did. I would've like to have seen Begich pull it out, and the continued death knell of southern Blue Dogs is depressing, but as long as Bill Walker pulls it out, I'll end up fairly happy overall.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2014, 03:14:17 PM »

A lot of climate change fanatics defeated.
Cause for celebration.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/11/climate-change-an-issue-for-losers.php

Make room for Keystone pipeline!
njwes
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2014, 03:14:46 PM »

I am disappointed that some good opportunities to beat the Dem got away.  Like CT RI CO VT and even NH governor races along with NH and VA Senate race.  VA hurts especially since just like 2013 it was a Libertarian candidate that took down the GOP candidate AND the GOP failed in invest in a race that was in retrospect quite winnable.     

Agreed. There was a very brief moment when I imagined that a Republican sweep of the New England governors could be possible.

Also surprised that the GOP didn't learn any lessons from the 2013 VA election.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies