2014 Post-Mortem: How did the Democrats screw this up so badly? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:03:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2014 Post-Mortem: How did the Democrats screw this up so badly? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014 Post-Mortem: How did the Democrats screw this up so badly?  (Read 4873 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 05, 2014, 09:32:18 AM »
« edited: November 05, 2014, 09:34:29 AM by King »

Nothing really happened. If you want a story, I would say is that it is becoming clear electorate groups are becoming so partisan than campaigns may no longer matter. Anyone could have predicted this six months ago.

Romney had a strong October in 2012 but it didn't get him anywhere close to winning.

Nunn, Hagan, Grimes, etc. couldn't convince anyone to vote for them, even with opponent gaffes.

Add in that the media has turned from an educational voice to a Twitter-reading/pulse-gauging regurgitate and we're basically entering a situation where the outcome is decided and unmovable. The election is a formality.

Regardless of how empowered conservatives feel today I can say with 100% confidence that Hillary Clinton is going to win 2016 soundly and Republicans are going to win in 2018 soundly.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 09:54:44 AM »

Lol, have fun with the red avatars, krazen.  It's been a long time since the blues here have had their way with them.

2004 was fun times.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 10:54:50 AM »

The GOP autopsy appears to have worked. I think the Tea Party stranglehold in the GOP caucus might be broken.

"I'll believe it when I see it."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies