2014 Post-Mortem: How did the Democrats screw this up so badly? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:00:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2014 Post-Mortem: How did the Democrats screw this up so badly? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014 Post-Mortem: How did the Democrats screw this up so badly?  (Read 4884 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: November 05, 2014, 01:04:50 AM »

The GOP autopsy appears to have worked. I think the Tea Party stranglehold in the GOP caucus might be broken.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 03:31:54 PM »

The GOP autopsy appears to have worked. I think the Tea Party stranglehold in the GOP caucus might be broken.

What you mean is that total lunatic tea partiers like Ernst can now win in purple states.
Your right. That is why we have Senators-elect McDaniel, Broun, Miller, Wolf, Buck, and Bevin right?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »

What you mean is that total lunatic tea partiers like Ernst can now win in purple states.
Your right. That is why we have Senators-elect McDaniel, Broun, Miller, Wolf, Buck, and Bevin right?
Ugh. Nobody said that they won everywhere. But Joni Ernst is a straight-up lunatic, and she won in a purple state.
Thanks for proving my point.

The party on the whole is shifting back to the establishment. Ernst may be a Tea Party candidate, but she was elected in part due to the presence of more Cory Gardiners and Sullivans and less Todd Akins and Allen Wests.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies