Harry Reid to run for Minority Leader
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:51:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Harry Reid to run for Minority Leader
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Harry Reid to run for Minority Leader  (Read 4908 times)
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2014, 07:37:34 PM »

A good option could be Reid leaving and putting someone as a transitional Democratic Leader who wouldn't do harm, like Markey or Cardin. Then, Democrats should put a new generation leader, like Gillibrand, Heinrich or Baldwin. Cory Booker wouldn't be good as he would seen as Barack Obama 2.0.
jd1433
Rookie

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2014, 07:51:36 PM »

I am a little surprised that a forum devoted more to the interworkings of politics isn't more like:

"Schumer"
"Schumer"
"Yep... Schumer"
"Chucky baby"
"Schumer"

That's like passing on Rahm Emanuel for the DCCC in 2006. That guy probably single-handedly got you guys an extra 10 seats that year.

God I hope you snub Schumer again.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2014, 06:11:51 PM »

Reid's now been reelected by the Democratic caucus.  However, while he ran unopposed, several Senate Dems have come forward to say that they didn't vote for him this time (though I'm unclear on who they did vote for).  The known anti-Reid votes include:

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/claire-mccaskill-harry-reid-opposition-112858.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/mark-warner-votes-against-harry-reid-as-minority-leader/2014/11/13/726e3c9a-6b7e-11e4-b053-65cea7903f2e_story.html

McCaskill
Manchin
Heitkamp
Landrieu
Kaine
Warner
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2014, 06:38:50 PM »

It's ironic that Warner is now frightened and buffing up his moderate hero bonafides, since the entire reason the election was so close in the first place was because he spent no time trying to GOTV in his base of Northern VA and instead spent the entire election trying to appeal to people that were never going to vote for him to begin with. It's not 2008 anymore, Mark. Take your 53-55% wins and like them. After that embarrassing performance you'll have to settle for Senator for Life anyway.
hopper
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2014, 02:12:51 PM »

I like Durbin better than Schumer. Reid needs to retire in my opinion and let Masto get elected to his seat. The guy just seems out of touch half the time.

Somebody mentioned Ben Cardin(D-MD) on here I think  he would be good I think as Dem Leader but he would be a "wild card" at this point for that post.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2014, 04:21:39 PM »

Reid, Pelosi and Clinton.

Man, that's going to amp the youth vote.
They could do a music video to the Monster Mash
hopper
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2014, 05:27:43 PM »

Reid, Pelosi and Clinton.

Man, that's going to amp the youth vote.
People in the 23-31 age bracket  grew up during the Bush W. years really don't look at Pelosi and Reid as the face of the Democratic Party. They look at Obama as the face of the Democratic Party I think because they voted for Obama after growing up under their distaste for George W. Bush's presidency. People ages 18-22 they are not loyal Democrats like the ages 23-31 age bracket because Obama's presidency has been below average in terms of job performance to them I think. I read something where I think people ages 18-22 describe themselves as their political idealogy as" Moderate" rather than "liberal" as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies