Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:33:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent)  (Read 6510 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: November 05, 2014, 10:30:40 PM »

“I can’t believe Nixon won. I don’t know anyone who voted for him.”
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 10:35:01 PM »

Jesus Christ this thread. The arrogance, narcissism and general delusion of the majority of the posters in this thread (many of whom manage to be perfectly reasonable most of the time) is just... staggering. I mean, throwing around terms like 'morally indefensible', an 'ideology that is an affront to man and God' (paraphrasing), 'the neanderthal age', 'evil', 'morally depraved'. What planet are you living on? An election has come and gone and the Republican party have taken a narrow majority in the Senate. So what? The world still turns, the Sun still shines, the birds still sing. Instead you'd think that Sauron had been reunited with the One Ring, judging by the comments here.

Thank you for this. I'm always amused by those who claim that anyone who disagrees with them on policy is a stupid evil doodoo head racist knuckle-dragging teabagger mouth breather, but then are surprised when the same people don't vote with them afterwards.

R: "Maybe we should balance the budget."
D: "YOU WANT TO STARVE POOR BLACK CHILDREN! ABORTION!"

So now we have a system where both Team R and Team D do this. When both sides play dirty, it continues the cycle. The cycle only works if both teams are in on the fix.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies