2018 Governors- the Democrats silver lining? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:47:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 Governors- the Democrats silver lining? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2018 Governors- the Democrats silver lining?  (Read 13753 times)
socaldem
skolodji

« on: November 06, 2014, 12:00:29 AM »

The problem with Murphy and Graham is I think Murphy's being recruited in a bigger sense to run against Rubio for Senate in 2016 while Graham national Dems need in that House seat too make sure it doesn't go anywhere. DWS is considered a Democratic hack and unfortunately wouldn't be able to get elected statewide in FL, Sink is a perennial loser, Crist is a perennial loser, and yeah. Maybe Castor could run for FL-Gov in 2018, but as it stands, the FL-GOP has a stronger standing bench.
^^
The only rising star the Democrats have is Pat Murphy, and I wouldn't waste him if I were you guys. He won't beat Rubio, but he could hold Bill Nelson's seat when he retires in 2018. Castor has no future outside of the House. Too bland and unknown.

Everybody hates DWS anyway.

I'd rather have Murphy try to hang on to Nelson's seat than try to take out Rubio. Knowing FL Dems, they'll try to cajole him into sacrificing himself in 2016. What about Ted Deutch or Alvin Brown? I'll admit I know very little about either of them.

Both Murphy and Graham have star potential and will not be staying in the House--and it would be foolish, ultimately, for them to even try to stay in the House long term.

Dems may have a couple good cycles, but in this era of highly polarized politics, the seats will inevitably flip whereas as statewide politicians, I imagine that both of them could become more-or-less, entrenched. Ideally one of them will succeed Nelson or run if there is an open Rubio seat. The other, would run for Governor and, after serving two terms (or 1.5 terms) would challenge Rubio.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies