in other good news, GMO labeling loses in OR and CO (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:58:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  in other good news, GMO labeling loses in OR and CO (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: in other good news, GMO labeling loses in OR and CO  (Read 4567 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »
« edited: November 06, 2014, 11:16:15 AM by Storebought »

I've always felt that this was short0-sighted (a typo, but one I will leave in) on US producers' part. A great many countries embargo US crops and foodstuffs not just because they were composed of unlabeled GMOs, but also because we like using food dyes and additives that are unlicensed outside the US/Canada. For these reasons, the American notion that we "feed the world" is risible.

For the small price of not using these obnoxious additives -- and the slightly greater price of changing suppliers and distributors to avoid now-unlabeled GMO products -- US foodstuffs could find greater acceptance and marketshare abroad. Any country that then refused American food products can rightfully be accused of protectionism.

Stop trying to convince foreigners that these adducts are harmless, and just sell them what they want.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »

My contention is that you simply sell what your customer asks for. The US loses potential agribusiness to countries like NZ and Australia precisely because we insist upon the use additives, growth hormones, GMO soy and corn, ... that foreign food regulators have, for what ever reason, banned.

An academic article can be found here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies