NRSC Director thanks Democrats for sidelining Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:59:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NRSC Director thanks Democrats for sidelining Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NRSC Director thanks Democrats for sidelining Obama  (Read 602 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:17:45 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/06/politics/nrsc-call-obama-messenger/index.html?sr=sharebar_twitter

You must be logged in to read this quote.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 02:29:28 PM »

Yep.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:38:40 PM »

This guy is 100% correct.  A lot of people on here have been coming to the same conclusion.  Hopefully the Democrats take note.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 02:39:23 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2014, 02:41:19 PM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

Udall and Braley didn't become Republican-lite, they still lost significantly.

That being said, this is probably true. The economy is way better than it was, it was confusing why didn't capitalize on it and instead went the route they did.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:39:35 PM »

This guy is 100% correct.  A lot of people on here have been coming to the same conclusion.  Hopefully the Democrats take note.

They didn't learn from Gore shunning Clinton in 2000. I don't see why they'd learn from this.

I think the main point is that Obama could have changed the national mood. He didn't have to be so unpopular. He was just as unpopular at the start of 2014 as he was at the start of 2012.

By hiding, he validated Republican attacks against him.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 02:57:51 PM »

This guy is 100% correct.  A lot of people on here have been coming to the same conclusion.  Hopefully the Democrats take note.

They didn't learn from Gore shunning Clinton in 2000. I don't see why they'd learn from this.

I think the main point is that Obama could have changed the national mood. He didn't have to be so unpopular. He was just as unpopular at the start of 2014 as he was at the start of 2012.

By hiding, he validated Republican attacks against him.
Amen to that. For all his other flaws, he's a superb campaigner. I wonder if anyone paused to consider that the reason he has such low approval ratings is because Democrats are running away from him and refusing to defend him.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 03:00:28 PM »

Yeah, he could have definitely bumped his approvals up to at least 47-48% if he campaigned and Democrats supported him. When voters hear "Obama is the worst president ever" from the Republican candidate and "meh, maybe, I don't know" from the Democrat candidate, what are they going to think?

Also I'm 100% certain that Braley would have lost even if the environment were like 2012. He was an awful candidate. Udall will end up losing by only 2% against one of the best Republican senate candidates in a long time.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 03:01:45 PM »

Yeah, he could have definitely bumped his approvals up to at least 47-48% if he campaigned and Democrats supported him. When voters hear "Obama is the worst president ever" from the Republican candidate and "meh, maybe, I don't know" from the Democrat candidate, what are they going to think?

Also I'm 100% certain that Braley would have lost even if the environment were like 2012. He was an awful candidate. Udall will end up losing by only 2% against one of the best Republican senate candidates in a long time.

My guess is Udall got so close because of CO Dems still have a very good turnout machine.
KCDem

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 04:00:35 PM »

Unsurprisingly, DLC mentality still prevails among Democrats. Terrible news!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 04:02:38 PM »

It's always easier to change your strategy once the election is in the rear view mirror. During the campaign, they were relentless in tying red state Democrats to Obama, this only would've increased if Dems utilized him.

But yes, in retrospect, it obviously couldn't have gone any worse than it actually did. Maybe if all the Dems acted like Obama was the second coming we could've boosted his approval to the mid-high 40s, and not been wiped out as badly.
KCDem

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 04:58:53 PM »

It's always easier to change your strategy once the election is in the rear view mirror. During the campaign, they were relentless in tying red state Democrats to Obama, this only would've increased if Dems utilized him.

But yes, in retrospect, it obviously couldn't have gone any worse than it actually did. Maybe if all the Dems acted like Obama was the second coming we could've boosted his approval to the mid-high 40s, and not been wiped out as badly.

Yes, with this economy his approvals would be 50%+ if the media were fair. His unpopularity is a self fulfilling prophecy and the Democrats didn't even try to shape the narrative.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 05:03:57 PM »

LOL, Democrats are so pathetic now that even the NRSC is offering them good advice?
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 07:00:09 PM »

Obama approval rating were in the toilet not sure what having him on the trail would have done for them.
KCDem

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »

Obama approval rating were in the toilet not sure what having him on the trail would have done for them.

They were in the toilet because Democrats ran away from him. #selffulfillingprophecy
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies