"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:14:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Thread.  (Read 12784 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2015, 12:58:15 AM »

I liked the earlier teaser better too, but this has me sufficiently pumped. I've already ordered my tickets for the 7pm showing on December 17th. Front and centre IMAX.

Wiki says the North American release date is the 18th.  Did they bump it up a day, or is that a special preview showing?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2015, 01:19:40 AM »

I liked the earlier teaser better too, but this has me sufficiently pumped. I've already ordered my tickets for the 7pm showing on December 17th. Front and centre IMAX.

Wiki says the North American release date is the 18th.  Did they bump it up a day, or is that a special preview showing?

I think it's something they've started doing lately in response to the popularity of midnight releases. Rather than having folks go in and see it at 11:59:59 on the 17th, they've just moved the release ahead a few hours to 7:00 p.m. This way they also get to have a 10:45 p.m. showing too.

But I may be wrong on the reasoning. I just know this was the earliest I could get. Tongue
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2015, 03:29:09 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that too. The closest theatres have made adjustments so that they start at 7PM and run each hour up to and including midnight. I was planning on Friday afternoon or evening, but that changes everything. For me, any Star Wars movie is a special event. If there are that many time slots available Thursday night, plans must change. There really is no movie I look forward to more than Star Wars, especially after seeing that trailer.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »

...And still no Old! Luke....yeah I'm gonna be very happy that it was kept under wraps when I see it, but right now....~insert expletive here~
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2015, 12:43:11 AM »

I am also going on the 17th
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2015, 01:04:41 AM »

Can I ask a behind the scenes question for anyone who's been following this more closely than I have?  I note that Episode 7 is written by Lawrence Kasdan(!) and J.J. Abrams, but it looks like Episodes 8 and 9 are being written by Rian Johnson.

Do we know to what extent the writers worked together to craft some kind of coherent overarching story?  Or will Episode 7 be something more of a standalone story?  (Sort of like how Episode 4 works as its own standalone movie, while Episode 5 ends on a cliffhanger to set up the final instalment in the trilogy.)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2015, 01:41:24 AM »

Can I ask a behind the scenes question for anyone who's been following this more closely than I have?  I note that Episode 7 is written by Lawrence Kasdan(!) and J.J. Abrams, but it looks like Episodes 8 and 9 are being written by Rian Johnson.

Do we know to what extent the writers worked together to craft some kind of coherent overarching story?  Or will Episode 7 be something more of a standalone story?  (Sort of like how Episode 4 works as its own standalone movie, while Episode 5 ends on a cliffhanger to set up the final instalment in the trilogy.)

I think it wont  be a standalone movie like the New Hope.  The reason the New Hope was created as a standalone movie was they werent sure if the movie was going to succeed
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2015, 02:16:45 AM »

I think it wont  be a standalone movie like the New Hope.  The reason the New Hope was created as a standalone movie was they werent sure if the movie was going to succeed

Or let me ask it a different way: How much of the story arc for the trilogy as a whole was planned out when the screenplay for Episode 7 was written?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2015, 02:32:49 AM »

Or let me ask it a different way: How much of the story arc for the trilogy as a whole was planned out when the screenplay for Episode 7 was written?

Dont know but probably the whole trilogy.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2015, 09:42:25 PM »

A new Japanese trailer, about half of the shots are new Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XNit858b6I
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2015, 08:09:49 PM »

I wish I could have bought a ticket to the 7 movie marathon that is going on, but instead I bought my ticket for the 10:15 pm showing on Dec 17th in RPX, IMAX 3D
retromike22
United States

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2015, 01:54:57 AM »

I wish I could have bought a ticket to the 7 movie marathon that is going on, but instead I bought my ticket for the 10:15 pm showing on Dec 17th in RPX, IMAX 3D

That's too much sitting down. What I'm going to do is watch the films in the order of the story with one film per day, and on the last day watch The Force Awakens Smiley
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2015, 03:25:21 AM »

I'm actually worried about not seeing Luke Skywalker at all in any of the footage or images/posters that have been released.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2015, 11:33:45 AM »

I'm actually worried about not seeing Luke Skywalker at all in any of the footage or images/posters that have been released.

How so? We know he's in the film; there are leaked images of him in it out there.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2015, 03:12:56 AM »

How so? We know he's in the film; there are leaked images of him in it out there.

Maybe it's my bias, I was and still am hoping we'd seem him quite a bit in the movie. To me, Star Wars isn't truly Star Wars unless you have a Skywalker, be it Anakin, Luke or Leia.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2015, 03:22:59 AM »

Twenty bucks says that Luke is the villain.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2015, 12:20:34 PM »

That'd be awesome, but everything out there directly contradicts that, including what I believe was a photo of Ren without his helmet on.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2015, 12:37:30 PM »

That'd be awesome, but everything out there directly contradicts that, including what I believe was a photo of Ren without his helmet on.

What it in the last minutes of The Force Awakens, Kylo lays on the ground, dying. He stares up at the sky, takes off his helmet and whispers softly " Meesa tried Annie".

Darth Jar Jar is always watching.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2015, 05:06:58 AM »

The movie will be rated PG-13:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/nov/26/star-wars-the-force-awakens-pg-13-rating-us-jj-abrams
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2015, 03:32:51 PM »

Jimmy Kimmel had a special one hour even for Star War Episode 7
retromike22
United States

« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2015, 05:45:50 PM »

New tv spot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsjGqIldoUQ
retromike22
United States

« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2015, 11:27:29 PM »

Almost there...

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2015, 12:32:16 AM »

I just watched the movie.  Ask me anything.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2015, 12:40:13 AM »

I just watched the movie.  Ask me anything.

Stupid International Dateline
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2015, 12:42:38 AM »

That's not a question.  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies