Is Maine trending GOP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:44:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Maine trending GOP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Maine trending GOP?  (Read 7667 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: November 19, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »

Of course, but nothing to the tune of 90% outside of the Castro or Haight. This area is full of granola eaters and latte drinkers- that embraced the counterculturist lifestyle and were unable to reside in a traditional American community.

San Francisco may have the most extreme counterculture but almost every major city has at least one or two wealthy white neighborhoods that vote at least 80% D and are full of crunchy granola types. My neighborhood just voted 93% D against Walker for instance.

CCSF, I think you could use getting out of San Francisco. I don't normally advise people to avoid areas with the opposite political ideology as them because I think we as a country could use a reminder that those on the opposite side are actual people to and that we should be able to have friends we disagree with. But in your case it just seems to make you frustrated and angry. While it's hard not be frustrated, bitterness never accomplishes anything or convinces anyone. You really should consider a change of scenery to a place you won't be in a constant struggle against. From what you've posted, it seems you have enough of a struggle going on inside yourself and could use less of one against other people. Maybe you can't get out of there for financial reasons or something, but if you can you should really consider it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies