The Oval Office (Lumine/SJoyce Administration) (Au Revoir!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:46:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Oval Office (Lumine/SJoyce Administration) (Au Revoir!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The Oval Office (Lumine/SJoyce Administration) (Au Revoir!)  (Read 11971 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2015, 05:24:37 PM »

Press Release from the White House:

I condemn in the strongest possible terms the attack on the Census Bureau Office. To attack the records of the nation is a very serious crime and the implication of an attempt to destroy the tools of our nation to hold an election is frankly terrible, a show of the dangers that extremist views can bring. My thoughts and my prayers are with the guard who was injured while bravely repelling this horrible act, and I can only hope he will make a speedy recovery.

I will contact the cabinet and see what can be done in terms of both investigation and the need to ensure the safety of tonight's election.

Sincerely,
The President.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2015, 09:34:28 PM »

President Lumine meets with Crown Prince Muqrin:

Nyman, District of Columbia:

With the election in full swing and with international developments on the struggle against ISIS mounting up, I had the chance to hold a very productive meeting with Saudi Crown Prince Muqrin in the White House, where I had the pleasure of having him as a guest. While for obvious reasons the details will remain a secret, we had a detailed discussion on ISIS and the war on terrorism, taking into account the relationship between Atlasia and Saudi Arabia and need for collaboration if we are to vanquish the spectre of totalitarianism.

While my term may be almost over, soon to be Sec. of State Superique and me will do whatever is necessary to prosecute this struggle and leave a firm legacy for the winner of the election, and several options are indeed being considered once the hearings are over.

LumineVonReuental, President of Atlasia.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2015, 09:53:49 PM »

February 21st: White House Press Conference:

Right in the middle of disturbing developments regarding the Census Bureau Attack and other issues in need for discussion, the President held a lenghty press conference today explaining his views and beliefs on recent events across the nation.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Census Bureau and Fritz: I'd like to express my sadness at the news of Registrar General Fritz's departure from the Census Bureau at the start of March, and at the same time offer him my most sincere congratulations on his excellent performance and his highly efficient tenure. It won't be easy to replace such a great officeholder, and I don't envy the task of the next President in choosing a new Registrar General.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Aaron Green: I think the starting point to talk about what's going on with the nation is clearly the regrettable demise of Aaron Green, a hero who died defending some of the most crucial mechanisms of our democracy. My thoughts and my prayers are of course with his family, although I do feel that attending his funeral myself would be disrespectful to a family that needs to recover from such a loss, not making his death a political issue.

Terrorist Attacks: I said very clearly I was dissapointed at the surge in actions like this, and I stand for those comments. I condemn Barney Rochambeau at his coward actions and his implication of a political force that had nothing to do with the attacks, just as I condemn the rushed actions of the crowd that attempted to, and I quote "hang the bastards". Ever since I took office this administration has been fully committed to enforce the rule of law and secure the order of the nation, and we cannot tolerate extremist actions like this.

The Election: While it is imprudent of me to comment before the full results are in, I do think some tendences are very clear in light of the current results, so while I personally believe some calls are rushed it is pretty evident that the results will have some very important consequences for the political section I am currently a part of, and I look forward to the reactions and the post-election analysis. Other than that, I'd like to reassure our voters that the Department of Interior has done everything that's possible to ensure the safety of the election, and I encourage those who have not voted yet to go to the polls and make their voices heard.

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2015, 10:31:45 AM »

Thank you for the service. As said in private, you are a great president, a reformer and I hope to see you soon run for an office! Atlasia needs you.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2015, 11:55:41 AM »

Thank you for the service. As said in private, you are a great president, a reformer and I hope to see you soon run for an office! Atlasia needs you.

Thank you very much, Cris, and thanks for your constant support as Chief of Staff and as a Senator. I'm not quite sold on the idea of running for office right after leaving office since I need a rest, but inactive I will not be!

Yesterday I went to the Census Bureau to change my party registration, thus making me an independent for the time being. The Presidency remains my most important duty, but I will be taking action regarding the political parties very soon.

I would also like to note that the administration is watching the issue of terrorism very carefully, as we are worried over the rise in violence and the attacks that have claimed a good number of lives so far. Actions are to be expected, for I will not stand for doing nothing against terrorism.

Finally, I wish to extend my public congratulations to Senator Bore for winning the Presidency and Superique for being confirmed as the Secretary of State.

Sincerely,
The President.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2015, 06:56:32 PM »

I have contacted both the regional executives and the main officers of the cabinet to respond to the terrorist crisis, and I will address the nation tonight. Executive orders dealing with this are also to be expected.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2015, 08:49:25 PM »

I have contacted both the regional executives and the main officers of the cabinet to respond to the terrorist crisis, and I will address the nation tonight. Executive orders dealing with this are also to be expected.

I shall give my address later tomorrow.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2015, 09:41:23 PM »

February 25th: "We will prove them wrong"Sad

President Lumine addressed the nation today after the most recent series of terrorist acts in Atlasia, offering his take on the situation and explaining some of the measures taken by his administration.

Ladies and gentlemen,

Good day.

I think that before I get to speak about the most important issue that we face I should express my sadness at the coward attack on the Keystone Phil Federal Building. I cannot find the words to express the emotions that I feel at this moment, but my prayers are with the families of the victims and with those injured in this act. This is the largest loss of Atlasian life since the Civil Conflict, and I believe that this is a moment many of us will never forget.

I am going to be plain with all of you, because this is not a political speech. I have a great belief in the rule of law, and in the concept that law and order are crucial for a modern society to progress. Some may disagree with political views, some may disagree with our system of government, but that some would find it reasonable to do things like what we saw on the Census Bureau, in the South, in Kansas and in Nyman is beyond despicable. I have seen politicians and citizens from all sides condemning these acts, and I believe that as nation we will be united against terrorism.

Through this evening I have contacted the Regional Executives of Atlasia to ask for their cooperation in ensuring the safety of the regions, and I have contacted the Cabinet to enact several measures to react to these events, including investigations from the Department of Justice, increased safety measures from the Department of Interior, and intelligence and military arrangements from the Department of State. To that I have added two Executive Orders, branding the True Atlasian Patriots and Patriotic Militia of Atlasia (the main organizations that we know so far) as terrorist organizations, to be hunted down by all the might of the Federal Government:

Executive Orders: February 25th:

Subject: Terrorism:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

That is what we have done, and we will continue to act until this administration leaves office. We will investigate, we will get to the bottom of this and we will bring those responsible for these attacks to justice, and prove once and for all that our system works. If you don't mind me being very personal here, I am not really a fan of the militias. I truly appreciate the efforts of the citizens and their enthusiasm to fight back the spectre of terrorism, but with our law enforcement system fully committed to this situation I can only believe that the rise in militia groups has the potential to lead to unnecessary violence and I have expressed my concerns to the Regional Executives.

I want to make one thing perfectly clear as I end this brief address to the nation. I will not stand for Atlasia to be threatened by groups of extremists, and I will not stand for our citizens having to fear for their lives thanks to the actions of a few. We will prove them wrong by upholding the rule of law, by showing the strength of our belief in democracy, by providing strong leadership, and we shall do that by the will of the good people of Atlasia.

Considering how many of you must feel right now, I ask you to be hopeful. Atlasia is a nation that has overcome many challenges in the past, and I do not feel this is one that will prove stronger than the ones that we have vanquished with hard work and an unbreakable will. I do not know, my fellow citizens, whether this struggle will be brief or long. But I do know that we will prove them wrong.

Thank you very much,

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »

The President is particularly pleased by the arrest of Wayne Derrick, and wishes to extend his congratulations to the Law Enforcement Agencies, the Regional Executives and the Justice Department for their constant efforts against terrorism.

With the presidential term ending this Friday, President Lumine will soon deliver a State of the Union address to the nation on the progress made by his administration, to be followed by the March 2015 Induction of the Order of the Star of Atlasia and the farewell address, most likely his final actions before leaving office.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »

March 2015 State of the Union Speech:

President Lumine delivered his State of the Union speech today, making the defense of his administration while briefly discussing some of the issued faced by his government.

You can read the speech here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=208416
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »

March 4th: Order of Atlasia:

It has become somewhat of a tradition for Presidents to issue Orders of the Star at the end of their terms, and this administration will not be the exception. The Order of the Star of Atlasia exists to honor those who have contributed to this great nation of ours in many ways, and I have set out to honor many whom I felt have been ignored.

Executive Orders: March 4th:

Subject: Order of Atlasia:

Now, to explain:

There were many others I wanted to give the Order of Atlasia, but in the end I felt that the current number was already too large, and while I considered giving the Order to many others the least this noble award needs is abuse from the Executive.

Congratulations, ladies and gentlemen!

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2015, 08:28:29 PM »

Thank you Mr. President. I hope to be able to contribute more to this great country!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2015, 12:04:13 AM »

Thank you, Mr. President  Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2015, 12:49:41 AM »

Thank you, Mr President! Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2015, 05:45:18 AM »

This is utterly OUTRAGEOUS Leonard Nimoy did nor receive a postmouthus Order of Atlasia.

Other inductees are fine
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2015, 08:37:45 AM »

Thank you, Mr. President!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2015, 12:04:39 PM »

Truly an honor, Mr. President. Thank you!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2015, 12:44:19 PM »

Truly an honor, Mr. President. Thank you!

Thank you Mr. President. I hope to be able to contribute more to this great country!

And thanks to all for you for your service to the nation, gentlemen!

On a different subject, my farewell address will come later tonight, I won't have the time tomorrow morning to write one before Bore takes office.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2015, 10:36:40 PM »

Farewell Address:

I felt quite tempted to start this address in many ways. Perhaps in a dramatic way, or by quoting Francis Urquhart, or by citing "we'll meet again..." to reference Dr. Strangelove, and so on. In the end I decided to keep it more or less simple, because after four months of verbosity the Atlasian public has to be tired of the speeches.

And I think the main purpose of this should be a message of thanks. One doesn't get to the White House and then serve a presidential term without help, and there are many people who have made this possible with their advice, their help and their friendship. I want to start by thanking my cabinet, a group of dedicated and truly great Atlasians that I hope will remain in public service for a long time. I want to thank my mentors and my friends, who have helped with with my life in Atlasia ever since I registered. I want to thank those who have constantly supported me and voted for me, because what I have been able to accomplish is because of them. And I also thank those who have been less than kind, for providing formidable challenges and for giving me the chance to rethink things and improve.

Today I leave the White House and I leave the Oval Office for Speaker Bore, and I wish him the best of luck to him and his administration. It is not easy to be the President of Atlasia, and it can bring the best and the worst of a player at the same time. But it is an honor, it is an office that I have learned to respect and cherish, and perhaps, just perhaps, I will probably miss some of the good parts of the job.

I now leave office for the first time since February 2014, and to be frank I do not know what future holds for me. And I'm happy with that, because that is what makes this game so interesting most of the time. Today is the end of an important process for me, but it also marks the beginning of a new one.

And, of course, if any of you are wondering whether I'll return to public service someday, well... You might very well think that, but of course I couldn't possibly comment.

Au Revoir, good citizens of Atlasia!

Lumine.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2015, 01:03:02 AM »

It's been dark times in which you've been President, but you kept it up. Congratulations for that. You'll be missed.

Hope you run again for anything Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2015, 02:19:34 AM »

Thank you for the Gold Star, Mr. President. That's a tremenous honor!

You can be proud of your work. You have been subject to a lot of unfair criticism but the large majority of active players has always supported you and you have been an exceptionally popular president.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2015, 09:30:41 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWOkng
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »

Thank you for the honor, Mr. President. I'm a bit late in seeing it, but I appreciate it nonetheless.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2015, 08:07:49 PM »

Well, you survived, and I suppose a congratulations is in order for that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies