The Oval Office (Lumine/SJoyce Administration) (Au Revoir!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:19:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Oval Office (Lumine/SJoyce Administration) (Au Revoir!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Oval Office (Lumine/SJoyce Administration) (Au Revoir!)  (Read 12017 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: December 07, 2014, 10:01:49 AM »
« edited: December 07, 2014, 10:03:29 AM by ZuWo »

For the sake of transparency I should state that Attorney General Zuwo is acting in agreement with the administration and that all judicial matters have been discussed beforehand. We take the judicial system quite seriously, and we share the belief that we were elected to follow and enforce the laws of Atlasia, no matter how hard that may be at times.

I don't see how going after citizens is good for the game. If they are banned from voting or holding office it reduces the number of active people. I don't agree with trying to exclude citizens.

I definitely see where you are coming from but I'm afraid there is no way out of this dilemma. The maximum sentences for some of the offenses outlined in the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act are certainly very harsh. I would personally support lowering them but I'm not a legislator now so all I can do is state my opinion. Refusing to do my job because I disagree with the maximum sentences is not an option.

It is crucial that Atlasians who commit crimes against Atlasia or acts of treason are prosecuted. If there wasn't a mechanism to punish people for voter intimidation, for example, we would see countless attempts at manipulating clueless voters.
Also, as the President made clear as long as the laws we have are on the books there is no way for an Attorney General who tries to take his job even halfway seriously to ignore them.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 02:19:34 AM »

Thank you for the Gold Star, Mr. President. That's a tremenous honor!

You can be proud of your work. You have been subject to a lot of unfair criticism but the large majority of active players has always supported you and you have been an exceptionally popular president.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies