PA-8: Fitzpatrick retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:54:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-8: Fitzpatrick retiring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PA-8: Fitzpatrick retiring  (Read 2930 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 03:40:57 PM »

Phil, do you have any ideas who the GOP might run?

As I said in my first post, it's going to outgoing Lt. Governor Jim Cawley.

Could Corbett's stink hurt him?

He got alot more votes in the Republican primary that Corbett did, if that's any indication.
MarkUterus
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 01:28:46 AM »

Wondeer who will run for the Dems. Perhaps Steve Santarsiero? Regardless, though, PA-08 should stay in GOP hands. Fitzpatrick won Bucks County in '06 of all years, Bucks County has trended right of late, and the accompanying slice of MontCo post-redistricting is bright red.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2014, 03:53:24 AM »

Wondeer who will run for the Dems. Perhaps Steve Santarsiero? Regardless, though, PA-08 should stay in GOP hands. Fitzpatrick won Bucks County in '06 of all years, Bucks County has trended right of late, and the accompanying slice of MontCo post-redistricting is bright red.

Because he was a popular incumbent.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 07:51:33 AM »

Phil, do you have any ideas who the GOP might run?

As I said in my first post, it's going to outgoing Lt. Governor Jim Cawley.

Could Corbett's stink hurt him?

Maybe a tiny bit but it won't sink him. Cawley is very well respected.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »

With a headline promising a Congressman who was honoring his term limit pledge, I was expecting the link to be an Onion article.
MarkUterus
Rookie
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 02:43:57 PM »

Yeah, and? We always run popular officeholders here in Southeastern PA. We'll see a Bucks County commissioner or a State Senator move up. They're going to be a de-facto incumbent from day 1.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2014, 07:04:20 PM »

lol a one term incumbent who won his first election when his predecessor withdrew just before filing deadline, with him filing instead and leaving him to face a sacrificial lamb in a Kerry district.

Yes, Fitzpatrick is a solid candidate, but there was a limited incumbency advantage at best in 2006. More like the advantage an appointed Senator would have as opposed to the standard incumbency advantage.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2014, 07:05:43 PM »

Yeah, and? We always run popular officeholders here in Southeastern PA. We'll see a Bucks County commissioner or a State Senator move up. They're going to be a de-facto incumbent from day 1.

Plus the Republicans will be flooding Bucks country with every resource they have for Toomey's sake. I wouldn't even be surprised to see it vote Republican for President, though at the very least it will be close.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 05:04:21 PM »

Cawley is taking a new job as CEO of the United Way. It seems much less likely he'd run.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 05:05:05 PM »

Seems competitive on paper, but the GOP operation in Bucks County runs like a well-oiled machine.

Lean R until Democrats surprise me with a good candidate, or the GOP surprises me with a bad one.

Really?  Bucks County seems to have trended D in the past 20 years.

Anyway, maybe he'll consider running against Wolf or Casey in 2018.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 05:11:19 PM »

Really?  Bucks County seems to have trended D in the past 20 years.

Obama in 2012 did worse than Kerry, Gore, and Clinton there.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2015, 05:34:00 PM by Keystone Phil »

Cawley is taking a new job as CEO of the United Way. It seems much less likely he'd run.

Yeah, I meant to point out that he's officially out for a 2016 run for anything and it's independent of the news today though that's obviously huge. Word is that he has plans for a few years down the line. It's one of two offices.

This will be a far more interesting race especially with Santasiero seemingly the front runner for the Dems. We're still favored because we'll have a decent candidate but not as clearly favored as with Cawley.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies