Scenario: The United Kingdom Votes to Secede from the European Union (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:20:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Scenario: The United Kingdom Votes to Secede from the European Union (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scenario: The United Kingdom Votes to Secede from the European Union  (Read 5076 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: November 11, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »

The Tories would sooner ally with the Greens than the BNP. They seriously do not need the kind of PR that party would bring.

And anyway the BNP are has-beens anyway. So 2009.

As for personhood, UKIP don't seem to be making a big deal about it. Perhaps if the Tories have to rely on DUP for supply and confidence, or if Nadine Dorries inexplicably becomes a kingmaker.

Also, I'm pretty sure that a minority government is much more likely than a full-blown coalition. I can imagine a gaggle of Kippers giving supply; but  a full-blown UKIP-Tory coaliion would be poisonous to both parties.
It of course depends on whether tories need the far right. Some polls have the far right doing well enough to force a progressive minority government if the right doesn't unite.

I wonder if a grand coalition might end up as a possibility, especially if both UKIP and especially SNP do well enough to muddle possible majorities for either side but still aren't seen as trustworthy coalition partners?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies