50% of Republicans support impeaching Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:00:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  50% of Republicans support impeaching Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 50% of Republicans support impeaching Obama  (Read 7449 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2014, 09:47:10 PM »

I support impeachment of Obama and I would have supported impeaching Bush post 2003.

So then Bush 41, Reagan, and Ford should have been impeached for using executive power, right? Barack Obama is well within his Constitutional authorities and the authorities laid out by statute.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »

This is where you get into territory that you just shouldn't talk about it...

What? Obama making minor appointments to a labor relations board while Harry Reid was keeping the Senate in a state where it's not in recess in name only is equal to one party trying to take control of the country in a ruthless manner?

I hope you're joking but the signs of nasty politics that I've been seeing lately have been making me disgusted with the whole thing lately.

It's a good thing we have freedom of speech in the United States, so the party that lost the election can squeal.

Yes, I support the Constitution. No, there's no need to merely try any such thing. One party was given control of Congress and its Article I powers in the 2014 elections.
KCDem

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »

What? Obama making minor appointments to a labor relations board while Harry Reid was keeping the Senate in a state where it's not in recess in name only is equal to one party trying to take control of the country in a ruthless manner?

I hope you're joking but the signs of nasty politics that I've been seeing lately have been making me disgusted with the whole thing lately.

It's a good thing we have freedom of speech in the United States, so the party that lost the election can squeal.

Yes, I support the Constitution. No, there's no need to merely try any such thing. One party was given control of Congress and its Article I powers in the 2014 elections.

Nope. JUNK ELECTION!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2014, 10:02:12 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2014, 02:40:42 PM by True Federalist »

Nope. JUNK ELECTION!

Yes, I think the New York Times realized that the Democrats would be routed in the recent elections, and thus proposed cancelling the elections. The Constitution provides for such with the 2nd amendment.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2014, 03:10:45 AM »

Obama should be impeached for having the fewest number of executive orders pear year since Cleveland. Get cracking, Obama.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2014, 02:50:44 PM »

Yes, I think the New York Times realized that the Democrats would be routed in the recent elections, and thus proposed cancelling the elections. The Constitution provides for such with the 2nd amendment.
I see you know as much about journalism as you do the Constitution.  Op-ed pieces, especially one written by a university professor and their undergraduate student aren't considered the position of a newspaper's editorial board on a subject.  And if you actually bothered to read the op-ed, you'd have seen that they proposed "cancelling" midterms by amending the constitution to give our Congresscritters four year terms and senators either four or eight and thus have all Federal elections coincide with Presidential elections.  So it was Article V and not the IInd Amendment that is relevant here.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2014, 11:40:42 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2014, 12:07:56 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Even though Obama has been awarded the dubious distinction as being the worst President since World War II, even worse than Dubya, I am a Republican who does not support the impeachment of Obama.  
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2014, 01:37:34 AM »

Even though Obama has been awarded the dubious distinction as being the worst President since World War II, even worse that Dubya

Says who?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2014, 04:07:15 AM »

Even though Obama has been awarded the dubious distinction as being the worst President since World War II, even worse that Dubya

Says who?

You obviously missed the seance of the Founding Fathers last year that all living Presidents must take part in. All of Fathers said that Obama was the worst ever, although Madison had some harsh words to say about Jimmy Carter.
KCDem

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2014, 09:22:37 AM »

Dumb racist party is racist and dumb. News at 11.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2014, 11:52:57 AM »

Says who?

http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-worst-president-Quinnipiac/2014/07/02/id/580425/#ixzz3KwrymFQb

President Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II, and the United States would have been better off if his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, had won the election in 2012, a new Quinnipiac University national poll released today reveals.

The best president? Ronald Reagan.

Not only is Obama the worst President since World War II, but the nation would be better off with Romney as President.

Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2014, 04:13:09 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 04:15:00 PM by Cory »

http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-worst-president-Quinnipiac/2014/07/02/id/580425/#ixzz3KwrymFQb
President Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II, and the United States would have been better off if his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, had won the election in 2012, a new Quinnipiac University national poll released today reveals.

Not only is Obama the worst President since World War II, but the nation would be better off with Romney as President.

This retarded meme again, let me break it down for you (from your own source, no less):

Out of 1,446 registered voters surveyed nationwide from June 24-30, 33 percent deemed Obama as the worst president, while another 28 percent picked former President George W. Bush as the worst, Quinnipiac reported Wednesday.

So basically committed Republicans said Obama was the worst, and committed Democrats said Bush was the worst. Big whoop.

In addition, 45 percent of the voters said the country would be better off if Romney won in 2012, and 38 percent said the country would be worse off.

Of course they think he would be better, considering they voted for him in the election. So no, "more voters" aren't choosing Romney in "hindsight".

Overall, Reagan topped voters' pick for the best president since World War II, with 35 percent of the voters choosing him. Trailing Reagan were former presidents Bill Clinton at 18 percent, 15 percent for John F. Kennedy and just 8 percent for Obama. Among Democrats, 34 percent picked Clinton as the best president, followed by 18 percent each for Obama and Kennedy.

According to these numbers, Reagan is not Americas choice as the "best President since WWII". 41% of Americans voted for someone else. Basically the liberal vote was split allowing the zombie Reagan crowd to skirt to the top. Considering almost every Republican ever thinks he was the best it makes sense they would coalesce and put him in the plurality while everyone else was split.

Also you are a moron if you think that popular opinion somehow "tears it" when it comes to Presidential rankings. Your poll data doesn't even say what you said it did. Also the fact that you get news from Newsmax..... just ugh.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2014, 09:13:07 PM »

Well, Mr. Cory, I am very sorry that your hero was chosen in a scientific poll as the worst President since World War II.

If you have a complaint, take it up with Quinnipiac.

As for these scientific findings, your hero Obama still rates as the worst President since World War II, like it or lump it.

And resorting to personal insults, tsk, tsk, tsk.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2014, 09:24:10 PM »

Obama should be impeached for having the fewest number of executive orders pear year since Cleveland. Get cracking, Obama.
KCDem

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2014, 09:46:10 PM »

Says who?

Americans are stupid. News at 11.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2014, 09:51:41 PM »

Well, Mr. Cory, I am very sorry that your hero was chosen in a scientific poll as the worst President since World War II.

If you have a complaint, take it up with Quinnipiac.

As for these scientific findings, your hero Obama still rates as the worst President since World War II, like it or lump it.

And resorting to personal insults, tsk, tsk, tsk.

Again, it's telling that you seriously believe that poll results are an accurate and objective ranking of the quality of a President. I just got done thoroughly exposing the dishonest way in which you spun the results to say something it didn't.

And stop using the word "scientific" as if a public opinion poll somehow qualifies as Obama being "scientifically" proven to be the worst.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »

The poll speaks for itself.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »

Then why are you saying so much about it?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2017, 10:59:15 PM »

“You don’t like a particular policy or a particular president, then argue for your position,”

“Go out there and win an election.”

Done!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies