Is BRTD's random hatred of Croatia the most forgotten BRTD obsession?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:08:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is BRTD's random hatred of Croatia the most forgotten BRTD obsession?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ^
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Is BRTD's random hatred of Croatia the most forgotten BRTD obsession?  (Read 1362 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2014, 11:14:27 PM »

Well?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 11:15:40 PM »

I had no idea.  Yes.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 11:20:40 PM »

Wait, what?  Why?  Is it because they're Catholic?
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 11:21:31 PM »

I didn't even know he hated them.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 11:24:52 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2014, 11:26:46 PM by HockeyDude »

Wait, what?  Why?  Is it because they're Catholic?

I would guess that he associates the Croatian far-right political scene with Catholic influence and therefore hates them.  I'm guessing he's not too fond of Hungary, either, to a less extent.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »

Wait, what?  Why?  Is it because they're Catholic?

Probably. I think it also has something to do with the Ustashe? I was looking for info on the Balkans and found these posts:

On the Croatian elections in 2009/2010:
I'm going to assume that all the candidates sucked and were worthless fascist fucks. God I hate this country.

On South Tyrol:
I'd give that land to Italy just because it would shrink Croatia, which is always good. (Best scenario of course would be that Croatia doesn't even exist, like FDR said.)

On the Croatian SSM referendum:

Opinion of Croatia:

On "What is the real bad place?":
Two countries that VERY much deserve the title:

Republic of Ireland
Croatia
His actions in the former Yugoslavia (note how he supports a Milosevic puppet over Croatia):
Here's what I would've done if I was President:

Slovenian war for independence - Nothing, let Slovenia leave.
Croatian war - Bomb Croatia, support the Republic of Serbian Krajina, deny Croatia diplomatic recognition.
Bosnia - Exactly as the UN did.
Kosovo - Support Serbia

On Croatia joining NATO:
Ugh. Fuck Croatia, that fascist, murdering state. Funny considering that NATO countries have been arresting Croatian Army officers for quite awhile.
On Milosevic:
So for all the trouble he caused in the region, Milosevic was more or less democratically elected during almost all of his tenure in office.

This one needs no preface:
Croatia is a filthy Nazi-loving sh!thole of a country.

Also, these threads exist:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=80285.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=78717.0
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 11:40:51 PM »

Croatia is the only country that matters.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 12:31:57 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2014, 12:35:24 AM by black and white band photos »

Wait, what?  Why?  Is it because they're Catholic?

I would guess that he associates the Croatian far-right political scene with Catholic influence and therefore hates them.  I'm guessing he's not too fond of Hungary, either, to a less extent.

Well take a look at the current government in Hungary. It really doesn't have much to do with Catholicism, they're just really terrible. And yeah actually kind of fascist leaning.

Croatia still has a problem with them holding up Nazi collaborators as national heroes, where war criminals either on trial or wanted have high approval ratings and then things like this occur: http://www.farenet.org/news/croatian-fans-form-human-swastika-in-italy So yeah I did have kind of a tainted opinion of it.

BTW I was never pro-Milosevic. I'm also pretty sure I bashed Snowstalker for basically being so.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 03:05:58 AM »

I had no idea, but it's hilarious nonetheless.  What a thoroughly bizarre individual.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 11:36:14 AM »

Croatia's actions toward Serbian Krajina were awful, so I cannot say BRTD's hatred of Croatia is any less rational than the rest of the world's bizarre fixation on Serbia.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 11:40:14 AM »

I thought his constant denial of getting repeatedly pwned by Gabu was more forgotten.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 11:59:23 AM »

Croatia's actions toward Serbian Krajina were awful, so I cannot say BRTD's hatred of Croatia is any less rational than the rest of the world's bizarre fixation on Serbia.

Kind of what my mindset has always been, as bad as Milosevic was and the Serbs in Bosnia, in Croatia they were basically the victims, Krajina after all was the minority group trying to break away from the extreme nationalists. And what Croatia did in Operation Storm was just as bad as anything Milosevic did.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 12:06:42 PM »

Getting away from the discussion about BRTD, I just don't understand why a Slavic country would be so enamored with the Nazis, which a number of Croats seem to be.  I understand that collaborationist Croats helped form a puppet government to ally themselves with the Axis, but I can't imagine the long-term plan for anyone of Slavic blood was anything less than horrible in the eyes of Nazi Germany.  Completely reversing on the non-aggression pact with the Soviets showed that the Nazis were certainly willing to make alliances when convenient, but that the grand scheme was always the elimination of the untermenschen as the Reich took over the continent. 
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 12:47:50 PM »

Getting away from the discussion about BRTD, I just don't understand why a Slavic country would be so enamored with the Nazis, which a number of Croats seem to be.  I understand that collaborationist Croats helped form a puppet government to ally themselves with the Axis, but I can't imagine the long-term plan for anyone of Slavic blood was anything less than horrible in the eyes of Nazi Germany.  Completely reversing on the non-aggression pact with the Soviets showed that the Nazis were certainly willing to make alliances when convenient, but that the grand scheme was always the elimination of the untermenschen as the Reich took over the continent. 

Maybe because the Nazi and their ideology wasn't as simple as that (try read up on the Nazi treatment of Karaite judaism, it's quite mindblowing), and the 20 years the Croats had shared a state with the Serbs, had succeed in creating a real deep hatred of them. Fun fact the hostility between Croats and Serbs are not one of those ancient conflict, it's one of those where two people who in theory are quite similar, begin to live in the same state and really learn to hate each other (the Bosniaks on the other hand both Serbs and Croats hated from day one).
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »

Maybe because the Nazi and their ideology wasn't as simple as that (try read up on the Nazi treatment of Karaite judaism, it's quite mindblowing), and the 20 years the Croats had shared a state with the Serbs, had succeed in creating a real deep hatred of them. Fun fact the hostility between Croats and Serbs are not one of those ancient conflict, it's one of those where two people who in theory are quite similar, begin to live in the same state and really learn to hate each other (the Bosniaks on the other hand both Serbs and Croats hated from day one).

I went ahead and did that.  Really astonishing.  A bit more nuanced, perhaps, the Nazis were than I thought.  I did come across this gem from a Nazi leader in my readings, though..

"...it is suggested that this small group (the Karaites) be given the opportunity of a separate existence."

Just pure evil even when they are speaking vaguely positive about anybody. 
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 01:19:36 PM »

Well, obviously, there is legitimate reason to criticize the relationship between the Ustashe and modern Croatia; that's obviously logical. But BRTD doesn't seem to have the same hate of Serbia or Guatemala or Chile.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »

Anyway it probably has to do with the fanatical Catholicism of the Ustashe.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 01:21:30 PM »

"There Will Be Blood was a 2008 film." -- The Stupid Idiot Gully "Look At What A Moron I Am" Foyle, Hubris Queen of Ireland
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »

No. King has already partly why.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2024, 10:44:22 PM »

Given Hibernophobia is a bit over-discussed, here's a deeper cut.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2024, 11:04:32 PM »

I went ahead and did that.  Really astonishing.  A bit more nuanced, perhaps, the Nazis were than I thought.  I did come across this gem from a Nazi leader in my readings, though..

"...it is suggested that this small group (the Karaites) be given the opportunity of a separate existence."

Just pure evil even when they are speaking vaguely positive about anybody. 

It didn’t help them much.  200 were murdered in one massacre alone.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies