Special At-Large Townhall Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:36:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Special At-Large Townhall Debate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special At-Large Townhall Debate  (Read 472 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2014, 09:12:48 PM »

Due to a sudden disappearance of the debate thread, I will open a special townhall thread so that people can ask all of the questions they like of the Senate candidates.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »

Jesus Christ, who started the original thread (my question I suppose)?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 09:15:01 PM »

Nix did. I had hoped we would get more questions, but it disappeared, so there's that. Or maybe I'm illiterate. Either way, hopefully we get more questions like this.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 09:21:24 PM »

Nix did. I had hoped we would get more questions, but it disappeared, so there's that. Or maybe I'm illiterate. Either way, hopefully we get more questions like this.

Perhaps he was upset that Lumine deleted his anti-fracking ban and this was retaliation? So many deeply disturbing events lately!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 09:24:29 PM »

Please describe your general vision of Atlasian politics and how it will influence your job in the Senate.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 09:37:48 PM »

Please describe your general vision of Atlasian politics and how it will influence your job in the Senate.

I think Atlasian politics is stagnant, and this is because the big monopolies have control of zombie voters who don't add anything to the game. We're all guilty of using zombies to our advantage, but I think it has disproportionally hurt the game. And the truth of the matter is I don't know how to solve that through Atlasian policy. We will always have people who don't participate in the game. However, I'm going to solve this one Atlasian at a time - I've introduced new atlasians to the game over my time in the game, one of my recruits became vice president and is now a senator, and one of my closest friends is now president. My campaign, as well, works to attack this influence by running a substance based campaign: introducing policies that I think will effect Atlasia in a positive way but will also drive a serious discussion. Atlasian's may not agree with all of my policies, I know I've gotten the votes of people from way outside my ideological spectrum, but they know from they'll get someone who will be at the table and be able to discuss serious issues with other Senators.

Good question.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 10:34:47 PM »

I'm sad the other debate thread is gone. I made a long answer to the first question and now it is erased. Maybe it's a sign to try and keep it short. I hope the problem was not the question from the public. I imagined the moderator would prefer to keep the thread to official questions but I answered the question at the time it was not interfering with the debate.

My view on Atlasian politics and how it will influence my job in the Senate.
This is a voluntary game and for people to be satisfied and willing to play they need to have their little victories. They need to feel some accomplishment. This will influence my work in the Senate in trying to be flexible on bills. If I sense a bill is terribly important to someone and he's worked a lot for it, then I will try to accept it if some things are removed or abstain instead of voting agisnt it so the person feels satisfied in passing the bill. I will be less flexible on game issues.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 11:10:25 AM »

Also I'm sad that the other debate thread was closed.
However, thank you Maxwell to opening this thread.

In the last period, Atlasia isn't the best of activity, but I'm sure that we can do a lot for this.
If you go on the RG Fritz's office, you can see that in November 2013 the registered voters were 178. Now the registered voters are 162. These are big losses and this number should give us pause.
I think that we should making our game more interesting, making our elections, regional and federal elections more competitive, introducing new Atlasians in our game. I'm trying with my activity in the Althing. Also my Senate campaign is working to combat this tendency by introducing some new ideas, new proposals that can making this election and our game more interesting and if I will be elected, I will introduce these proposals in the Senate.
In the latest days, I have seen some encouraging signs. We have a new registered voter, an active forum user, and I hope that he will be actively involved in our game. BaconBacon and GAworth are running for the Midwest Althing, making the next election very interesting. JoMCaR is returning in the game. TDAS04 is running in the Mideast.
These moviments, that can appear as "small moviments", can doing a lot for our nation and if these moviments will be more frequent, Atlasia will win.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 07:13:38 PM »

PAID FOR BY CITIZENS FOR GOOD GOVERNMENT
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 01:55:21 PM »

Atlasia is a fun game that we should all be able to participate in, if we so desire. To that end I strongly support making the wiki more accessible, so that our legislators at all levels of government can easily determine what the existing laws actually are so they can know what to do. I'm also looking forward to working with the Commission on Electoral Reform to create more interesting alternatives to our current at-large system. Ultimately I believe solid, achievable reform is essential to encourage greater participation in a lively, active, Atlasia.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies