Opinion of Bushie's cable package
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:37:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Bushie's cable package
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Bushie's cable package
Freedom Package

Horrible Package

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Opinion of Bushie's cable package  (Read 1031 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:16:30 AM »

Honestly of all things he's done recently this one has actually started to infuriate me the most. Not that he has a cable package but that it's clearly the biggest and most expensive one possible.

I'm not one of those Darwinist conservative types who thinks anyone on public assistance (not that Bushie is, but it's similar in a sense) must have an absolutely miserable life with only bare necessities provided, but the fact that his parents are spending at least $100/month so he can watch a few college football games is pretty disgusting. Especially since it's clear that many of his recent actions are primarily so he can keep it (in addition to the gas in driving to Tulsa) with excuses like "checking up on his apartment" (like anything's going to happen) or paying his bills because in person is the only way to do that today or so he can attend some church picnic of a church he only belonged to a couple months.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 09:39:39 AM »

Considering that all he watches are sports, he doesn't even need it when he was living in Tulsa. He's paying for the full HBO and movie lineup when he doesn't watch any of it.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 09:55:44 AM »

a horrible waste of money.

even more of a waste when he doesnt even live there any longer.

i cant remember the last time i even turned my tv on.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 09:59:44 AM »

Also, especially worthless for sports viewing when he has good internet and can go to a site like here http://www.vipleague.se/

Though, knowing our Bushie, he'd probably fall for one of the scam advertisements on the site.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 10:33:36 AM »

Considering that all he watches are sports, he doesn't even need it when he was living in Tulsa. He's paying for the full HBO and movie lineup when he doesn't watch any of it.

This is Bushie we're talking about so he probably got smooth talked by some sales rep upselling when he set it up.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »

What I don't understand is how anyone could actually entertain themselves watching sports teams they're not a fan of in non-critical games. It'd be like a political junkie entertaining themselves by watching the returns on R+30 state representative seats in Alabama.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 10:55:35 AM »

Haha great analogy. Or "Will joke primary challenger to incumbent get closer to 10% or 15%?"
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »

What I don't understand is how anyone could actually entertain themselves watching sports teams they're not a fan of in non-critical games. It'd be like a political junkie entertaining themselves by watching the returns on R+30 state representative seats in Alabama.

Disturbing is that he provides no actual relevant or informed commentary on college football despite spending hours upon hours watching it every Saturday.  Same with the NFL.  Bushie will tell you the Cowboys will win, but hardly ever will he tell you why.  There's no way he doesn't have some football knowledge with the amount he watches.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 01:05:20 PM »

Well it's a Freedom package, if you watch TV alot and have the money to afford it.  I just can't spend that much since I don't watch much regular tv, though Mrs. Grumps did get me the sports package on our bundle with Verizon.  I do like that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 03:09:58 PM »

I wish I had a sports package. I got an offer for one for $4.99 for the next year, but I'm not sure it is worth it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 03:24:30 PM »

I wish I had a sports package. I got an offer for one for $4.99 for the next year, but I'm not sure it is worth it.

It is......
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 03:38:52 PM »

Ah, but he's actually saving money in the long run by paying through the butthole (with his parents' money) to have every cable channel available in a house he doesn't live in, you see.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 03:47:26 PM »

Ah, but he's actually saving money in the long run by paying through the butthole (with his parents' money) to have every cable channel available in a house he doesn't live in, you see.

remember when he rated granny's cable package as 'adequate.'

sounds so entitled.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 04:19:03 PM »

Disturbing is that he provides no actual relevant or informed commentary on college football despite spending hours upon hours watching it every Saturday.  Same with the NFL.  Bushie will tell you the Cowboys will win, but hardly ever will he tell you why.  There's no way he doesn't have some football knowledge with the amount he watches.

His incredible lack of in-depth knowledge regarding sports, given the time he devotes to them, is only rivaled by his complete lack of insight to actual political issues and ongoings.

His sports-takes may actually be worse than his political opinions, given that the former is based off of absolutely nothing of substance while the latter is based around his own backwards belief system, for better or worse.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 04:32:22 PM »

Don't forget his shallow knowledge of the Bible for someone who wakes up at 4 am to study it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2014, 05:27:25 PM by memphis »

I'm pretty sure he watches more than a few college football games each month. I suspect the dollars per hours spent using ratio is actually quite reasonable compared with other things people blow money on. If it were a) his own money and b) not such a ridiculous obstacle to his beginning to earn his own money, I would have no problem with it whatsoever. Who cares if he doesn't gain some sort of clever insight into the details of the game? He enjoys it and uses it frequently. Not everything in life has to be cerebral.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 05:47:40 PM »

Nah, there's definitely something wrong him knowing so little about sports considering how obsessed he is with them. Even if it isn't useful to his life, you'd think he'd pick up a lot of information. He doesn't or, at least, doesn't articulate it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 10:50:02 AM »

I'm pretty sure he watches more than a few college football games each month. I suspect the dollars per hours spent using ratio is actually quite reasonable compared with other things people blow money on. If it were a) his own money and b) not such a ridiculous obstacle to his beginning to earn his own money, I would have no problem with it whatsoever. Who cares if he doesn't gain some sort of clever insight into the details of the game? He enjoys it and uses it frequently. Not everything in life has to be cerebral.

Not really the point though, does he really need that massive package just to watch college football and some reality shows? I'm not familiar with college football at all but it seems unlikely you'd need such an expensive package just to watch those games, aren't most of them on a special ESPN NCAA channel? Since he only seems to watch sports and some basic cable reality shows, he's probably paying for all sorts of premium and movie networks he never watches. As I said before, he probably got smooth talked by a sales rep while setting it up and actually bought into the "You'll actually save money by adding this package!" junk.

Last time I had cable it was $30/month. I know prices have increased since then and it was a small local provider but I have a tough time seeing how a single person could watch more than say $50/month worth. Most provider also allow a package with your internet for less than $100/month, so if Bushie's paying for his internet separately as it appears and is getting a cable package that's obviously over $100...
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »

The college football games that are "relevant" to your city (school and/or large viewership in the same media market) are generally on your local broadcast affiliate; ESPN's basic channel shows top-tier games (ranked BCS schools). If you lived in Oklahoma but wanted to watch, say, Chico State vs Central Washington (??) you'd need to pay for the extra sports channels.

Like most people, I really only watch my alma mater(s) and any particularly noteworthy games with evenly matched teams. We all know the fourth-tier diploma mill Bushie went to college at isn't going to have their games televised outside of a local broadcast station. And he's never lived anywhere else long enough to have an affinity for a school in another region. So I don't know why he needs to spend his parents' money to watch cupcake ACC games.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 04:52:38 AM »

Last time I had cable it was $30/month. I know prices have increased since then and it was a small local provider but I have a tough time seeing how a single person could watch more than say $50/month worth. Most provider also allow a package with your internet for less than $100/month, so if Bushie's paying for his internet separately as it appears and is getting a cable package that's obviously over $100...

The guy who did our installation for TWC, has Dish. lol

I found out that regardless of what package I got, the up front cost was the same, in fact it was higher for those cheaper packages not surprisingly, about $170 versus $155. They also didn't even wait for the installation to be completed before trying to screw us over. Of course may main objective was the internet and phone since we had neither and we are actually paying less then we were at the beginning of the year for internet and phone and we have much better service on both then we did then. I could have lived without the TV but my Mom pushed me to get it and since she will once again have an income pretty soon and I work myself to death these days, it isn't that problematic financially to come up with another $25 or so to cover that too. 
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 08:02:05 AM »

Pretty sweet. I wish I had cable like that and didn't have to pay for it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies