IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:33:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising  (Read 56469 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: August 16, 2015, 10:52:47 PM »

I bet Jim Oberweis, Illinois' favorite perennial Republican, is beginning to take a look at it.

That would be a good laugh. Hopefully he gets out of politics entirely once Kirk swamps him with more than 80% of the primary vote.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2015, 12:29:22 AM »

Obi for senate. 5th times the charm.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2015, 03:03:05 AM »

I bet Jim Oberweis, Illinois' favorite perennial Republican, is beginning to take a look at it.

I actually remember telling my grandmother to stop buying Oberweis dairy because how much of a loser Jim is.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2015, 05:39:14 PM »

Cook County Democratic Party chooses not to endorse Duckworth

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Cook-County-Democratic-Party-Passes-on-Duckworth-Endorsement-322309242.html
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: August 26, 2015, 02:12:25 PM »

Obviously the good government types and idealistic reformers who run the Cook County Democratic Party were disgusted by Duckworth's ties to the corrupt Chicago Democratic machine.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #305 on: August 26, 2015, 09:55:39 PM »

I agree
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2015, 11:01:06 PM »

It is apparent, however, that Illinois Democrats are not united behind Tammy Duckworth, and in fact, more candidates are thinking of entering the race. The lack of confidence in Duckworth speaks volumes.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #307 on: August 27, 2015, 01:05:47 AM »

It is apparent, however, that Illinois Democrats are not united behind Tammy Duckworth, and in fact, more candidates are thinking of entering the race. The lack of confidence in Duckworth speaks volumes.

Who is considering entering?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #308 on: August 27, 2015, 11:22:17 AM »

Who is considering entering?

State Senator and Former NFL-er Napoleon Harris, who would already have State Senate President John Cullerton's endorsement if he decided to enter. Cook County Comissionier Richard Boykin started an exploratory committee.

Not to mention Kwame Raoul just endorsed Andrea Zopp.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »

Harris sounds like a C-lister from what I've read about him.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #310 on: August 27, 2015, 03:28:41 PM »

CoC may put money behind Zopp to protect Kirk

http://capitolfax.com/2015/08/27/us-chamber-plots-zopp-support-10th-cd-intervention/

Thuggery.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #311 on: August 27, 2015, 08:46:41 PM »

You see, when McCaskill does it, she's smart. When the CoC does it, its white collar thugs trying to protect their cronies.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #312 on: August 27, 2015, 09:45:28 PM »

No, when the CoC does it, they're dumb because Zopp still won't win the primary.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2015, 10:09:25 PM »

No, when the CoC does it, they're dumb because Zopp still won't win the primary.

It also potentially ups Duckworth's negatives.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2015, 12:23:58 PM »

The GOP's problem here isn't so much Duckworth as it is that Kirk seems hellbent on getting himself Blanched.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #315 on: August 28, 2015, 12:58:23 PM »

The GOP's problem here isn't so much Duckworth as it is that Kirk seems hellbent on getting himself Blanched.

I suppose that comparison makes a little more sense now, since I see a parallel between the Boozman primary and Duckworth's - the primary challengers still want a challenge, but it's obvious who is going to win the primary.

But what I find especially odd is that the Democratic Party, even in states like this, are usually direly allergic to primaries. And yet the party apparatus seems to be actively encouraging it. Is there something about Duckworth as a candidate we don't know?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #316 on: August 28, 2015, 02:10:25 PM »

I suppose that comparison makes a little more sense now, since I see a parallel between the Boozman primary and Duckworth's - the primary challengers still want a challenge, but it's obvious who is going to win the primary.

But what I find especially odd is that the Democratic Party, even in states like this, are usually direly allergic to primaries. And yet the party apparatus seems to be actively encouraging it. Is there something about Duckworth as a candidate we don't know?

Duckworth has always been the national party's creature, so to speak.  The Cook County Democratic establishment (i.e. the state party) in general and Chicago's African-American political machine in particular just want one of their own puppets in the seat rather than a puppet of the D.C. Democratic establishment.  A Senate seat's a f***ing valuable thing, they're not just gonna give it away for nothing Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #317 on: August 28, 2015, 03:59:52 PM »

Duckworth has always been the national party's creature, so to speak.  The Cook County Democratic establishment (i.e. the state party) in general and Chicago's African-American political machine in particular just want one of their own puppets in the seat rather than a puppet of the D.C. Democratic establishment.  A Senate seat's a f***ing valuable thing, they're not just gonna give it away for nothing Tongue

Isn't Duckworth's district within Chicagoland though?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #318 on: August 28, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »

Kirk is toast. So if they can spend money here, good news Cheesy
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #319 on: August 28, 2015, 04:53:32 PM »

Isn't Duckworth's district within Chicagoland though?

Outskirts of chicagoland. Someone further into the city is more valuable to them.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #320 on: August 28, 2015, 06:08:07 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2015, 02:04:11 PM by muon2 »

Duckworth's IL-8 is not on the outskirts, but is anchored in NW Cook county. It does not include any of Chicago. It is true that the black political class would like to get Obama's old seat. It is also true that many local Dem party groups were not fully on-board with Duckworth during her 2006 run for the open IL-6, lost to Roskam. However, the head of the DCCC in 2006 is now the mayor of Chicago. Ah, how the plot thickens.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2015, 12:59:12 PM »

Cruel...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2015, 05:41:19 PM »

What are the major policy differences between Duckworth and Zopp?
PAK Man

« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2015, 08:39:25 AM »

Kirk is toast. So if they can spend money here, good news Cheesy

Don't get too cocky. I don't like Kirk but underestimating him is dumb.

Precisely the reason why I still have the race as a Tossup. Kirk has somehow always found a way to pull off victory, even in the face of Democratic waves. Honestly, if he'd stayed in the House as opposed to going for Senate, I think he'd still be there.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2015, 12:48:18 PM »

Tammy Duckworth will vote in favor of the Iran Deal.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies