Obama to announce executive order on immigration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:39:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama to announce executive order on immigration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama to announce executive order on immigration  (Read 16770 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: November 13, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »

Is it just me, or is Obama getting a lot better now that he knows he has nothing to lose?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 07:17:26 PM »

There's a catch. The Deporter-in-Chief wants to do enough to prevent Latino voters from staying home or voting third party in 2016 but not enough to actually help them.

Yes, the "Deporter-in-Chief" absolutely needs those Latinos for his 2016 re-election bid. Roll Eyes

I know it's impossible for True Leftists to ever give Obama credit for anything, but come on.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 07:55:58 PM »

I'm happy he is doing it, but he just ruined anything else happening you might like in his presidency, a fact you all know but won't admit. 

That assumes McConnell and Boehner would actually let Obama have any accomplishments. What did he get in return for reaching across the aisle in 2009-2010 again?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 11:09:57 PM »

Obama is behaving like a dictator. He has no right to force amnesty on America.  If he does, impeachment proceedings must begin.

I agree. Begin the proceedings! The Kenyan Muslim must be stopped.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 10:06:28 PM »

Accirding to the latest Politico article, Mario Diaz-Balart was on the verge of securing passage of immigration reform through the HoR right before David Brat shocked Eric Cantor in his primary. At that time pretty much everyone here was celebrating except for me. A victory for the forces of obstinacy over those of compromise and moderation, even when the latter is in the form of the otherwise arch conservative Mr. Cantor, is never a good thing. For all those who cheered on Mr. Brat yet would have preferred congressional over executive action, regardless on which side you fall, this is your result.

Weren't most members already safely through their primaries by the time Cantor got upset? That was probably just an excuse. If they were so chicken that Cantor's defeat scared them off, they probably wouldn't have had the balls to bring it up so close to an election to begin with.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies