CITIZENS FOR GOOD GOVERNMENT - Freedom of Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:49:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  CITIZENS FOR GOOD GOVERNMENT - Freedom of Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CITIZENS FOR GOOD GOVERNMENT - Freedom of Speech  (Read 319 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2014, 02:14:20 PM »

PAID FOR BY CITIZENS FOR GOOD GOVERNMENT
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:24:50 PM »

Hi

I'm still here.
Did you know that in some places third party advertising is striclty limitedto the point it is almost banned. It is another solution to stop anonymous nonsense negative ads.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 09:02:51 PM »

It was not part of my campaign platform. It was a reflection on what could be done to stop baseless accusation ads by interest groups. I don't see them as funny or insightful. I dpn't see them as positive. I see them as toxic. I don't find them enjoyable.

Where I live interest groups can't pay for ads for or against candidate during campaigns. It made me realise it might not be a bad thing if that leads to senseless ads. Some are lucky Atlasia will never be that strict.

As someone who cares about freedom of speech and respect for dissent, I condemn your candidacy.

Hiding your identity behind a PR firm to make a candidate look bad is not a great example of freedom of speech. Write a letter to a newspaper explaining a disagreement or hold a press conference, but don't hide behind a PR firm ad. At least when a party made an attack ad against another party we know from whom it is coming and the goal behind it.

You condemn my candidacy? I didn't know Atlasia had more than one Pope to tell the flock what to think. You can claim of caring about freedom of speech but you don't do that great about freedom of beliefs. You have harassed some people about their religion beliefs because you diagree with them. So don't claim you respect dissent.   
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies