A New Beginning - Emperor Maxwell for Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:50:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A New Beginning - Emperor Maxwell for Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A New Beginning - Emperor Maxwell for Senate  (Read 559 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2014, 12:58:27 AM »

Yea I'm running for Senate, and I'm gonna win!

Emperor Maxwell announcing his candidacy for At-Large Senate

Ladies and Gentlemen, lend me your ears,

I love this nation. Atlasia is a beacon of hope for democratic ideals, freedom, and oppurtunity. We are the cornerstone of the fundamentals that the rest of the world has embraced, and through our actions a more humane society has risen that cares for the needs of the poor, the disabled, and gives equal treatment to men and women of all sexual persuasions.

But our country is in trouble. Our country is trying to rebuild from the chaos that ensued so many weeks ago, and we look for answers anywhere and everywhere. Our economy has crumbled, and our infrastructure is weak. Luckily, there is a model - the IDS has continued onward even in the midsts of chaos, with very little interruption, and that is because of leadership.

To take our country back to a time when we were active, our economy was prosperous, and our children didn't have to live in fear, we need active leadership who care about where the country goes, what goes on the floor of the Senate, and getting more and more people involved in caring about it. I think I fit that. As the Midwest and IDS Governors, I've fought hard for a better region and did so much because of my leadership. I think Nyman needs more Governors and less career politicians.

As your Senator, I will cut your and everyone else's taxes, so that we can grow our economy. I will cut wasteful spending, so that our kids are not in debt. And finally, I will fight for game reform so that our game is more fun. As the campaign presses on, you will hear me speak on those issues and more, so you will know where I stand, because the voters deserve to know.

I wish the other candidates luck - cause they're gonna need it! Let's have a fun race everyone!
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 03:01:35 PM »

Endorsed!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 03:36:54 PM »

Good luck, my friend! Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 05:10:34 PM »

Thanks man!

Thank you, you too.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 07:20:17 PM »

A Brighter Future for Atlasia - A Plan for Economic Stability

It's no lie that our economy is not in a very good shape. I've tried my best to pass legislation to make the IDS more economically friendly and to improve the job situation in that region, but what I've done, admittedly, isn't enough. We must make moves to combat the current wave of problems, and I believe I have a four-point plan to upgrade our economy back to lower levels.

- First, we should have a one time reduction of business taxes, cutting it across the board, allowing job creators the opportunity to hire more people. This tax cut will last until national unemployment is below 6%, a merely acceptable level that we nevertheless must fight to achieve.

- Secondly, to combat invasive laws that our own Government has put in place, I will work to repeal some of the overt pro-Labor laws that have been put into place over the years. It's time we face the fact that we need an even table for discussion, not a place where union bosses lord over our citizens.

- Thirdly, I will work across the aisle with Labor and TPP to give educators in the regions the tools they need to succeed, give public high schools more job related classes (basic accounting, for example), build up school choice, and give more power to our localities, who know better than the feds what is good for our students.

- Finally, I will cut wasteful spending in Atlasian Government by getting rid of burdensome regulations and eliminating wasteful practices in government so that people get what they're supposed to get out of Government more efficiently.

My four step plan for today and tomorrow's development is the heart of my campaign and I will tout it nationwide. Before we get back to work, the Senate's got to get back to work, and I am the man to do it!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 01:20:43 AM »
« Edited: November 12, 2014, 01:27:26 AM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

Due to the troubles in finding suitable candidates in the IDS for Legislature, I can not and will not leave my region to suffer more and more problems. Therefore, I am leaving the race for Senate.

I wish I could've stayed in the race, but I can't continue in all good conscience.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 01:28:02 AM »

Due to the troubles in finding suitable candidates in the IDS for Legislature, I can not and will not leave my region to suffer more and more problems. Therefore, I am leaving the race for Senate.

Thank you for your commitment and your leadership. There were times in my long reign when I wanted to retire from the throne, but I didn't because our region was too understaffed. This is what we need in an Emperor.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 08:33:12 PM »

That's a shame. I was planning on voting for you. Best of luck in your regional endeavors.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 01:23:31 AM »

That's a shame. I was planning on voting for you. Best of luck in your regional endeavors.

I'm sad too, but this game falls apart too quickly when peoples ambitions get in the way of things.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 06:41:25 AM »

Thanks for your input to the race.
I'm sad that you left the race and I hope to see you soon in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies