DCCC hoping for several rematches in 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:18:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DCCC hoping for several rematches in 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DCCC hoping for several rematches in 2016  (Read 4398 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2014, 02:38:42 PM »

Article.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not impressed with Cain, especially after her loss. I think Troy Jackson would be stronger.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »

I think Michaud may try to reclaim his old seat.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »

Lol Troy "black heart" Jackson
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 02:51:18 PM »

Article.

I'm not impressed with Cain, especially after her loss. I think Troy Jackson would be stronger.

Gallego would be perfect and Schneider and Horsford would probably be good too.  While a new candidate might be better, we could certainly do a lot worse than Romanoff.  I agree that we'd be better off with Troy Jackson though, he'd be both a better Congressman and a much better fit for the district than Cain.  Michaud would also wipe the floor with Poliquin.
MarkUterus
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 02:55:14 PM »

[/quote]

Gallego would be perfect and Schneider and Horsford would probably be good too.  While a new candidate might be better, we could certainly do a lot worse than Romanoff.  I agree that we'd be better off with Troy Jackson though, he'd be both a better Congressman and a much better fit for the district than Cain.  Michaud would also wipe the floor with Poliquin.
[/quote]

Please, DCCC, run Brad Schneider again! He's so weak. Bob Dold would have an excellent chance of winning a D+8 district in a presidential year against Schneider. Dold would have won if turnout had been even a little bit lower in 2012.
MarkUterus
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »

I'd put money on Gallego and Horsford's running again. I also wonder if CSP runs again, but I doubt it. I'd love for Sean Eldridge to become the Manan Trivedi of the Hudson Valley. Think Doug Owens runs again?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 03:08:08 PM »

I have a feeling TX-23 is going to flip every two years.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 03:09:27 PM »

I'd put money on Gallego and Horsford's running again. I also wonder if CSP runs again, but I doubt it. I'd love for Sean Eldridge to become the Manan Trivedi of the Hudson Valley. Think Doug Owens runs again?

Doug Owens might, but he had his chance.  He won't fly under the radar this time around.  Eldridge won't get nominated again and Shea-Porter may run again, but I suspect a stronger candidate will beat her in the primary.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »

The problem with Troy Jackson is that he's from Aroostook County, and for some reason people from Aroostook County seem to struggle in the district. It's likely why he lost the primary in the first place.

Bringing back Gallego and Horsford is good, Schneider is okay if we can't find anyone else better.

Romanoff and Cain could also both be better. I would love Morgan Carroll for CO-06, as I think we need someone from Aurora.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 03:35:55 PM »

Horsford is running again. Bet on it. Hardy winning twice would be downright shocking. Romanoff would've won if he had run in 2012, but he picked a really bad year.

Doug Owens giving it another go would be interesting, though he also could take the mantle from Matheson and run for Governor.
PAK Man

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 03:45:29 PM »

I think running Brad Schneider again is a terrible idea. He barely won in a strong Democratic year in a D+8 district. I've also heard that a lot of younger Democrats really don't like him. I personally am not a huge fan of him myself. Something about him rubs me the wrong way. I don't know who else Democrats could potentially run (the portion of IL-10 I knew when I lived up there was redistricted to the 11th District) but I really hope they don't settle on Schneider.

Steven Horsford, Pete Gallego and Andrew Romanoff I would fully support running again.
MarkUterus
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 03:58:59 PM »

...none of IL-10 was redistricted into the 11th. My North Shore hometown was redistricted into the 9th, though.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 03:59:32 PM »

Why would Democrats ask Cain to run again? Do they not want an easy gain there?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 04:14:17 PM »

With some exceptions, this is in general a good idea. Losing in a disastrous wave election shouldn't and really can't be treated as political death these days.
PAK Man

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 04:18:49 PM »

...none of IL-10 was redistricted into the 11th. My North Shore hometown was redistricted into the 9th, though.

My mistake! I lived in the 11th and I always thought they moved some of those towns into that district.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 04:23:08 PM »

Miles isn't wrong. Cain is your generic New Democrat (muh bipartisanship, but usually more socially liberal - your average suburbanite). The district is more of your rural, pro-union, socon district, and Jackson fits those views better.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »

Good, we had some decent recruits that were wasted on this horrible year. 2016 is probably the last chance for Dems to take the House before the next census, so the DCCC needs to be on their A-game in both fundraising and candidate recruitment.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 05:55:23 PM »

Michaud would also wipe the floor with Poliquin.

I'm not too sure about that. His district heavily supported LePage over him. And he never ran in his district after announcing he was gay, which I suspect hurt him a lot there.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 06:24:06 PM »

I'm not too sure about that. His district heavily supported LePage over him. And he never ran in his district after announcing he was gay, which I suspect hurt him a lot there.

He also ran a very flat campaign. I mean, then again, Poliquin is a poor fit for the district, so anyone who runs against him this time is probably favored.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 09:50:24 PM »

Good point, Jackson it is!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 12:59:21 AM »

I'd like to encourage the DCCC to recruit Emily Cain and Brad Schneider to run again. And again and again and again.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 01:26:02 AM »

I'd like to encourage the DCCC to recruit Emily Cain and Brad Schneider to run again. And again and again and again.

Why is that? Schneider has proven to be a good candidate and is actually quite popular in the 10th. Unfortunately Dold also fits that description.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 03:30:16 PM »

Schneider is actually not terrible. He happened to be running in an R-friendly district against a very strong opponent in his own right.

Cain though, is a f***ing horrible Macklecrat. Dismal electoral prospects aside, appeasing Paul LePage is unforgivable, and of all people she could have lost to I'm glad it was the man who helped craft the budget that she gave into. Justice could not have been more poetic in Maine's 2nd, and if she runs again, I will not endorse her.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 03:32:06 PM »

Schneider is actually not terrible. He happened to be running in an R-friendly district against a very strong opponent in his own right.

Cain though, is a f***ing horrible Macklecrat. Dismal electoral prospects aside, appeasing Paul LePage is unforgivable, and of all people she could have lost to I'm glad it was the man who helped craft the budget that she gave into. Justice could not have been more poetic in Maine's 2nd, and if she runs again, I will not endorse her.

What is a "Macklecrat"?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 03:34:30 PM »

D+8
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies