DCCC hoping for several rematches in 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:06:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DCCC hoping for several rematches in 2016
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: DCCC hoping for several rematches in 2016  (Read 4399 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 03:52:01 PM »

I'd like to encourage the DCCC to recruit Emily Cain and Brad Schneider to run again. And again and again and again.

Schneider is actually not terrible. He happened to be running in an R-friendly district against a very strong opponent in his own right.

Cain though, is a f***ing horrible Macklecrat. Dismal electoral prospects aside, appeasing Paul LePage is unforgivable, and of all people she could have lost to I'm glad it was the man who helped craft the budget that she gave into. Justice could not have been more poetic in Maine's 2nd, and if she runs again, I will not endorse her.

D+8

Oh, I know. It's still pretty friendly to Rs at the local level, IIRC. (I mean Kirk wound up surviving both waves and Dold almost held in 2012)

I'd like to encourage the DCCC to recruit Emily Cain and Brad Schneider to run again. And again and again and again.

Schneider is actually not terrible. He happened to be running in an R-friendly district against a very strong opponent in his own right.

Cain though, is a f***ing horrible Macklecrat. Dismal electoral prospects aside, appeasing Paul LePage is unforgivable, and of all people she could have lost to I'm glad it was the man who helped craft the budget that she gave into. Justice could not have been more poetic in Maine's 2nd, and if she runs again, I will not endorse her.

What is a "Macklecrat"?

A term I made up. Kind of a pejorative for Democrats who choose to emphasize social issues (like abortion, gun control, gay marriage) and move to the center (or hard right in some cases) on economics. Basically the DLC's evolution (more like a thin veil from the fact that they offer little to no difference from the Republican Party on economics).
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 02:20:07 PM »

The DCCC is reportedly attempting to recruit former Representatives Patrick Murphy and Michael McMahon to run in PA-08 and NY-11 respectively.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 09:31:38 PM »

Awesome! I've always liked Murphy. I was upset he lost the primary for Attorney General.

Hopefully the Patrick Murphy in Iowa runs again as well, so we can have all three in Congress. Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2014, 09:34:27 PM »

Michael McMahon is a solid recruit. I'm surprised they stuck with a total dunce in 2014, when voters were perfectly willing to throw out junk GOPers (Lee Terry, Steve Southerland) if given a real alternative.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 10:20:16 AM »

Michael McMahon is a solid recruit. I'm surprised they stuck with a total dunce in 2014, when voters were perfectly willing to throw out junk GOPers (Lee Terry, Steve Southerland) if given a real alternative.

McMahon always acts interested, but never runs.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies