Keystone Phil - turning into a vosem clone? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:53:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Keystone Phil - turning into a vosem clone? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Keystone Phil - turning into a vosem clone?  (Read 1123 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 16, 2014, 09:09:34 AM »

You guys can dish it but you can't take it. You lost. Phil has gloating rights well into March, which is when the Democratic circle jerk ended in 2013.

While there was certainly a long (and rather annoying) circlejerk by a couple of the most hackish forum Dems, IIRC that was hardly the bulk of the red avatars.  Most of the worst stuff on both sides in 2012 and 2014 actually occurred in the month or two before the election.  The aftermath of both was surprisingly tame. 

I was initially among those who thought Keystone Phil's antics were exceptionally OTT, but I've changed my mind somewhat upon further reflection.  While I still think Phil's Ken Buck meme was pretty obnoxious, the spanking meme KCDem started was at least as bad tbh.  I apologize for the Moderate Heroish tone of this post, but the simple truth is that many Republican and Democratic forumites tend to get at least somewhat OTT in the run-up to the election.  For better or worse, it is simply part of the atlas election experience.  It isn't really fair to single out Keystone Phil for something a great many posters do to varying degrees.  At least Phil is a decent poster overall (albeit one who often seems to be looking for a fight for some reason), which is more than a number our more OTT posters can say.  As annoying as his antics often are, he is pretty insightful poster about PA politics when he's not in election season mode. 

Btw, although his aggressively OTT confidence in certain questionsble predictions rightly leads to him getting called out more vocally and for longer periods of time than others who've made inaccurate predictions, the meme about Santorum's loss in 2006 really should've died a while ago.  It was like eight years ago and some folks are still are bringing it up like it was yesterday (admittedly I may've been guilty of this myself, but I don't think so).  It'll probably be worth reviving if Santorum becomes a temporary front-runner again in the 2016 primaries, but otherwise, this long-dead horse has been beaten enough.

Well that post turned out about ten times as long as I intended Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies