Confirmation Hearing: Dr. Cynic for GM (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:30:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Dr. Cynic for GM (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Dr. Cynic for GM  (Read 3289 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« on: November 14, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »

I'd like to add, only two people have requested any sort of cost analysis since I've been GM (Dallasfan and Maxwell). My door has always been open.

I was going to be a more activist GM, but then the Thursday Night Massacre happened. Since then I've taken a more lax approach, but still no one has approached me about anything (other than one private convo w/ Dr. Cynic). I took the lax approach due to complaints that I was being too much of a player in the game.

It's a hard balance, especially when you have some people complaining no matter what you do. I personally vehemently disagree with Averroes and the idea that we don't need a GM. The sad part of Averroes' standpoint is that a lot of his perspectives are founded (people simply don't care about the GM, and we can't make them care --but we can restructure the position).

I think Dr. Cynic will face the same circumstances. I think Dr Cynic has the right mindset, and if I were a Senator I'd vote in favor of him, but some of the arbitrary things (like the dice rolling) is really BS in the end.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 03:59:46 PM »

I think another problem is that we diverged from the "real life" timeline a helluva long time ago. Atlasia is simply not in a world where "real world" events are even remotely close to happening.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »

I think another problem is that we diverged from the "real life" timeline a helluva long time ago. Atlasia is simply not in a world where "real world" events are even remotely close to happening.

This is true, but realistic storylines are still within the realm of possibility for the country, even though Atlasia diverged a long time ago.

I was referring to current events.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 06:24:44 PM »

Terrorist attacks are realistic, unfortunately.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 06:23:31 PM »

I didn't call it a civil war. I called it a civil conflict, which it most certainly was. It had its own wiki page and is now regarded as canon. As such, because it went as far as it did, the remaining loose ends do need tied up.

Not really.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »

I didn't call it a civil war. I called it a civil conflict, which it most certainly was. It had its own wiki page and is now regarded as canon. As such, because it went as far as it did, the remaining loose ends do need tied up.

Not really.

I'm of a different view.

Its not like players care. No one has asked me for a thing. No one has asked for an update. No one has asked about current events. This isn't a game, its a circle jerk.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 11:33:50 PM »

Ask for one on the stickied GM thread then! Everyone complains in the Senate threads but no one does anything. Its all talking points.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 08:53:40 PM »

Ya'll are taking forever.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies